Agnostic.com

4 5

LINK Denialism claims flooding Twitter have scientists worried / The Guardian

I hope people have learned enough about the Twit-ter to ignore such misinformation but nobody's really doing enough to save us, anyway.

rainmanjr 8 Dec 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Too many are now thinking that "free speech" means things that can disrupt a business or harm people. Sometimes they even want to throw in guns and driving cars into crowds.

The congenitally mentally incompetent, like the poor, will be forever with us.

Likely true. We could find a way to provide for them rather than have obscene wealth among even fewer of the population.

Elon $$$ Musk and Alan Fuck-the-Truth Jones will have a very good time together.

Good. Never used twitter but welcome views that were previously censored.
Eg if someone pointed out things like; If you're really worried about climate change, then why are you silent on Nord Stream I & II? Environmentally pipelines are the way to go regarding reducing transportation emissions, not to mention the massive release of hydrocarbons into a marine environment when blown up. When shit like this goes on and environmental activists/ scientists say and do nothing, then not much point the rest of us carpooling etc. Get up the establishment, who are the ones complaining about twitter anyway as they have lost their bots/ false accounts and ability to control narratives.
It is good conversations like this one example I posed will no longer be censored, debate is good.

puff Level 8 Dec 10, 2022

The problem with Twit-ter is not free speech. It's organizing. It's possible that the FBI is better situated to monitor them, now, but that's the danger.

@rainmanjr I think musk may have shut some back doors for security surveillance, a good thing. He won't be complying with any requests to subdue stories from same agencies I don't think.
Facebook also just sacked a heap of workers but no-ones getting up Zupperhead, who also acknowledged interference from state agencies. No-ones up Zupperhead, so think musk must be doing something right. Like an old boss said to me once; "So and so don't like you, which makes you OK in my books".

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:699660
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.