Agnostic.com

5 2

Why isn't the Western media screaming about this war crime of attacking civilians?

Ukraine shells holiday camp with US-made HIMARS – governor [rt.com]

FrayedBear 9 Dec 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I get the NATO blowing up the Russian pipelines propaganda. Yet a Russian holiday camp. They are going after the women and children again. This Ukraine war has already cost more than the Afghanistan war.

The word "media" is a plural; noun. Use proper grammar.

Media
Communication
In mass communication, media are the communication outlets or tools used to store and deliver information or data. The term refers to components of the mass media communications industry, such as print media, publishing, the news media, photography, cinema, broadcasting, digital media, and advertising. The development of early writing and paper enabling longer-distance communication systems such as mail, including in the Persian Empire and Roman Empire, can be interpreted as early forms of media. Writers such as Howard Rheingold have framed early forms of human communication, such as the Lascaux cave paintings and early writing, as early forms of media. Another framing of the history of media starts with the Chauvet Cave paintings and continues with other ways to carry human communication beyond the short range of voice: smoke signals, trail markers, and sculpture.Wikipedia

And so are you saying that you only have one medium for the news in your location Walt?
Dare I ask what that medium is and if it is too wet to get the signal fire lit or perhaps too foggy to see the rising smoke?
Here in Australia, where we get Western media even in the remotest places, we are pummeled by American propaganda as well as Australian, delivered by radio, tv, newspaper, mail, billboard, internet & street delivered pamphlet.

@FrayedBear And we can trust not one millimetre of what multiple media channels we are exposed too.. I am reminded of the saying Lies, damn lies of the media propaganda

@Kurtn there was one recent truth - QEII died. Long live the king.

?🤢🤮?

@FrayedBear lookiing at his recent pictures Charlie does not seem to me to be all that well. Maybe the responsibility of being king is a too heavy burden at present?

@Kurtn I haven't seen him recently so cannot comment & won't waste my time looking.
Meanwhile

@wordywalt @FrayedBear Media is a plural of medium only when being used for an intermediate agency such as in a chain of communication for example advertising.
When being used as a abstract derivation of the term mass-media (newspapers, radio, TV, etc.) it is singular.
Physician heal thy self?

@LenHazell53 I disagree. Media are plural. Period, end of story.

@wordywalt You are perfectly at liberty to disagree, your beliefs do not alter established facts

@LenHazell53 thanks Len. Obviously some people only obtain the news from one source so for them it will always be "medium".

I'm beginning to wonder if in @wordywalt 's case his only source is gyromancy or possibly catoptromancy hence his insistance on the use of the singular.

The politics of war we will never understand. Perhaps it is like as in a video game, the perpetrators are not directly involved in the fighting so it is just a game . Murder is murder whether state sponsored ( war and executions)or personal, the victims loose out.

It is being reported in the UK press as an attack on a Wagner Mercenary base.

If that is true I'm not sure if I should continue to despise the Ukrainians or applaud their attack on a group led by a Rodnover, Lt Col Utnick.
Rodnovers however do have their dislike of Christianity going for them. . . [en.m.wikipedia.org]

Better yet, why are people so into Russian that they watch everything in rt.com

RT is very much a redistributor of news from many sources around the world.
Very little of what it publishes is original to its news team.
Frequent sources are CNN, ABC, BBC, Reuters, the White House Press office, Russian Government departmental press offices, Western governments's press offices, international corporate press offices et al.

@FrayedBear you forgot to mention trolling social media.

@Kurtn is anything on social media news?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:699741
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.