Agnostic.com

2 7

Frankly I couldn't be happier if I was a Christian and just found out the Jesus was finally making his encore appearance.
Except this is no fantasy... We can produce $40 trillion worth of energy like this.
Unless of course we allow authoritarians in office that have unnatural ideas of mechanical processes that don't exist like sin and faith. They are all together useless in the face of our actual situation.
So there is hope, 2 years ago I had NONE!

Willow_Wisp 8 Dec 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sorry, but this method of fusion hasn't a chance of being commercialized. Other methods of fusion are much more promising, some within the current decade. This press release was pure misinformation.

They're saying that commercial production is still probably 30 years away, but at least now we're on the board.

Yes, the energy input output sounds great, but converting the heat into energy isn't efficient. So in reality this produced about 1% of the input to ignite after the conversion is calculated, also they used tritium, the most expensive fuel on Earth. They still need to science the shit out of this.
Then again many of the first cars were electric too and sucked.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:700218
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.