Agnostic.com

3 5

You can't help but feel sorry for the people that live there and have to put up with the radical government they live with.
International News;
Iranian soccer player sentenced to death after protesting.. [foxnews.com]

Captain_Feelgood 8 Dec 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We should be assisting the protesters in their attempt to overthrow the radical Iranian Islamic regime but instead we have an idiot like Biden who wants to do a deal with this radical regime.

Yet no Americans felt sorry for them under 25 years of an American imposed dictatorship.

@Druvius
Oh yeah Mosaddegh! Don’t forget Arbenz went down a similar way. And Ike left JFK with the plan to oust Castro. That one didn’t work out so well for us and helped turn calle ocho exilios toward being permanent Republicans.

That being said Iranians didn’t deserve a repressive Islamic regime to oust and replace our man the Shah. It doesn’t matter who they elect. Ahmadinejad was a full on nutter. But even a sincere moderate must answer to the ayatollah and other religious jackasses.

Like with Central America and the migrant crisis we created the conditions that brought about the ill-fated revolution in Iran. That gives me pause on any move to topple stuff and foment regime change as that didn’t go so well in Iraq.

After recent developments in Iran from a human rights perspective I can’t see us working with that government to try to enact a deal as achieved under Obama. That probably tilts the current regime irretrievably into Russian orbit. At least we know who the scumbags are. No deals.

One of those rare times you posted something I agree with.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:700374
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.