Agnostic.com

4 2

The Gate of the Sun, also known as the Gateway of the Sun, is a monolith carved in the form of an arch or gateway at the site of Tiahuanaco by the Tiwanaku culture, an Andean civilization of Bolivia that thrived around Lake Titicaca in the Andes of western South America around 500-950 CE.
Extract from Wikipedia

How was such a monument made in those times?
What technology did they use to cut the single stone from which the Sun Gate was curved?

[en.m.wikipedia.org]

ChrisAine 6 Dec 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My wife and I spent a few years in South America and some of the really old stone work was incredible. The more recent stonework dating back centuries was clearly cruder in nature and of a completely different style but the oddball pieces that were generally just standing apart from the rest of these structures was truly impressive. As a retired commercial builder with dozens of large projects under my belt, I don't think I could find tradespeople capable of reproducing any of this work, with conventional, modern tools.

@ChrisAine That was the odd bit, they didn't look like they were a cut and polish job but rather just precision cut and we don't have the ability to cut rounded corners like that with saws, even lasers which could cut those corners would have left pitting. It's more like the stones were cut with a variation on a CNC machine but one that could work with large blocks of basalt and other stones on that hardness scale.

I used to worry about all these things years ago and got carried away with book writers that all talked outer space people. Well, that was years ago.

At the very least, the aliens helped view, belittles humans and what they can acheive.

@ChrisAine Perhaps with the most basic and simple of tools, lots and lots of people and lots and lots of time. You can wear down the biggest rock just by rubbing away endlessly, and if they were a seasonal farming economy, then they probably had long periods where they had thousands of people with nothing to do, and it was actually a problem for the govenments to find things for them to do.

@ChrisAine In the end you have to explain where those super intelligent beings came from. If you make something up without evidence it really explains nothing. The things you see and do not understand do not qualify as evidence.

I wonder if the Germans plagerised this design when they built the Berlin gate??? Not identical but take into account the 25% variation of copy right law, Hmmm I wonder.

Magnificent now, what would it have been like in its heyday?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:700606
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.