Agnostic.com

2 9

From our Stark Contrast Department:

Flyingsaucesir 8 Dec 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I wouldn't get too cheery about the Dem record. Food prices are still sky high, Assange is still getting shafted, DeJoy and Powell are still in their jobs, as Trump appointees, we traded Afghanistan for Ukraine, in the MIC making their profits, our manu jobs are still all overseas, corporations still have way too much power to price gouge, and the Dems do nothing about that, or even talk about it, health care costs are still way too high, Medicare and Social Security are still way too inadequate to give everyone decent healthcare and a decent retirement, the mass shooting continue every day, and are getting worse..... I could give you a lot more. The Dems are marginally better than the Repubs in DC, but not much.

I agree with some of that. I would like to see Medicare and Social Security better funded; I'd like to see inflation drop back down to 2% (it appears to be headed in the right direction); I'd like to see mass shootings cease; I'd like to see Louis De Joy ousted. But I think Jay Powell is doing the right thing by bumping up Fed interest rates. But Julian Assange can rot in Hell. And as for Ukraine, it's a dirty job, but it must be done. Letting Putin devour a European democracy is a non-starter.

@Flyingsaucesir The Trump tax cuts are still in place. The Dems and Biden are delivering on better Covid policy than Trump, as well as less hatred against the cultural groups the Repubs and their supporters hate, which is about all I expected from them. I hate being right so often. As far as getting votes from their followers, all the Repubs need to deliver to them is lower taxes for the rich and corporations, and continued hatred of the groups they all hate, that is it. And Jan. 6, is something the Repub followers are proud of, so the Dems never punishing the leaders behind that is also a big, hollow issue for them, motivating their supporters to vote Dem, but not anybody else, like me, who sees that it was all empty political theater.

You can't consistently win elections based on "We suck less than them"...

@TomMcGiverin Trials are in progress. Convictions have been handed down. Indictments are yet to come. Repeat.

@Flyingsaucesir None of that for the higher ups and leaders, so again, since it will be limited to the dupes and foot soldiers, I say it's mainly political theater. Believe what you like about it.

@TomMcGiverin Trump will be indicted. Will that be high enough up for you?

@Flyingsaucesir I wouldn't hold my breath on that one, and even if he is, he will never serve time. By the time it might ever happen, he will be pardoned by the next Repub prez in two years.

It would take the GOP to be worried about Hunter Biden's laptop. Apparently it did not worry Hunter at all.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:700752
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.