Agnostic.com

5 10

LINK After eviction, Christian hate-preacher Jonathan Shelley can't find a new home

After eviction, Christian hate-preacher Jonathan Shelley can’t find a new home | Jonathan Shelley says he needs to find a new home for his church
Jonathan Shelley says he needs to find a new home for his church (screenshot via YouTube)
Reading Time: 2 minutes

In a brief video posted on one of his alternative YouTube channels this morning, Christian hate-preacher Jonathan Shelley, whose church faced eviction earlier in the year, said he would have to find a new location for Stedfast Baptist Church because “nobody really wants to lease to us.”

He added that the church has also been “hit with a lot of legal fees,” though he didn’t specify the nature of them in the video.

Christian hate-preacher Jonathan Shelley says he'll have to find a new church location because "nobody really wants to lease to us."

Details here: <a href="https://t.co/Xr5wGoSZwg" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer" target="_blank" class="forumlink">[t.co]</a> pic.twitter.com/It9r2Xn2Kz

After eviction, Christian hate-preacher Jonathan Shelley can’t find a new home | Jonathan Shelley says he needs to find a new home for his church    

Jonathan Shelley says he needs to find a new home for his church (screenshot via YouTube)
Reading Time: 2 minutes

In a brief video posted on one of his alternative YouTube channels this morning, Christian hate-preacher Jonathan Shelley, whose church faced eviction earlier in the year, said he would have to find a new location for Stedfast Baptist Church because “nobody really wants to lease to us.”

He added that the church has also been “hit with a lot of legal fees,” though he didn’t specify the nature of them in the video.

Christian hate-preacher Jonathan Shelley says he'll have to find a new church location because "nobody really wants to lease to us."

Details here: <a href="https://t.co/Xr5wGoSZwg" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer" target="_blank" class="forumlink">[t.co]</a> pic.twitter.com/It9r2Xn2Kz
— Hemant Mehta (@hemantmehta) December 18, 2022

It’s been a turbulent year for Shelley when it comes to finding a permanent home to preach his hate-filled sermons. This is, after all, a guy who has said he wouldn’t shed a single tear if an extremist murdered everyone in a gay bar. He has repeatedly wished for or called for the death of gay people and abortion providers. He’s burned non-KJV bibles. He’s perpetuated the Alex Jones lie about the Sandy Hook massacre.

More recently, he delivered an antisemitic rant in which he said we’d be “lucky” if six million Jews really perished in the Holocaust, implying that didn’t actually happen.

He doesn’t limit his hate speech to the walls of his church, either. Back in May, he appeared at an Arlington City Council meeting to push back against their acknowledgment of Pride Month by repeating the same calls for violence.

snytiger6 9 Dec 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's unfortunate to hear about Jonathan Shelley's hate-filled sermons and the consequences he's facing. Hate and racism always lead to repercussions, and it's essential to stand against such toxic behavior. I can understand how it can be tough to live in a neighborhood with negativity and hate. Moving to a new place might be a fresh start for you, just like how I'm considering moving to a new building and being far away from my neighbors who hate me for no reason. I found this link to a new building under construction hillockgreen-condo.com, and it looks promising! What do you think? Shall I wait for it to be finished?

Let them all die for all I give a shit.

He needs a dose of his own medicine.

They have no shame, but they do get angry as hell after they say the quiet part out loud, and justly get called out as the bigots they are. In other words, I have the right to free speech, but you don't, because I'm right, you're wrong, so you have no right to call me a bigot, etc. To them, it's all a one-way street... Once a shithead, always a shithead....

Trump has enabled Christians to say the quiet part out loud. But make no mistake, the rest have been saying the quiet part quietly because they know they should be ashamed to say it at all. (Actually, they have no shame, but they know they'll be identified and regarded as the bigots that they are).

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:701037
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.