Agnostic.com

4 4

Maybe some good news. Some men are finally stepping up to do the right thing (I didn’t get this done until I was in my forties so, yes, I was one of those who took a long time to get it. I found the perfect doctor, a Dr. Wonderly. ”One small snip for men, one giant leap for human(kindness)” [npr.org]

JackPedigo 9 Dec 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I did my part. Reproducing was never high on my to do list and at 31 I was able to find a OBGYN to tie my tubes. Not all doctors were willing to tie off the tubes of a single 30 year old.
Never told my folks, I was getting enough grief about when was I gonna get married, settle down and have kids. And how I know it would have been just more of the same is because my twin told mom she'd had her tubes tie and mom pitched a fit.

Wow, a conservative doing the right thing (for once). Sounds like mom was also a conservative.

@JackPedigo Frankly I have no clue what mom was since I left her house when I was twenty. But, yeah, it was a transactional sort of relationship.

I had to have exploratory surgery and joked to the GYN that she could snip the tubes while she was in there. I was 27 and she grilled me for 20 minutes that day about the choice. The day of the surgery she grilled me again and I was still adamant. At the follow up visit she showed me the videotape of my procedure and I wanted to jump out of the chair and do a happy dance. Like you I never told my parents although they knew I didn't want kids.

@MizJ I wonder how many have kids not because they want to to please others? No wonder so many people have screwed up childhoods.

@JackPedigo Two factors may be at play, the second is that women especially are conditioned to think that rearing children is part of life. It starts when we are children and girls are given dolls.

@MizJ I've heard that a lot. Unfortunately, it didn't apply to my first wife. She could care less for her daughter.

@JackPedigo That is tragic for both your ex and her daughter. It is also a good example of why women need to have choices, birth control, etc.

@MizJ Choices need information and most don't seem to care about being informed in a variety of subjects. They just want do to what feels right. To too many having kids is simply a matter of scratching an itch.

Regarding changes to one's sexual sensations, I found sex intercourse was exactly the same before and after the snip.

Why should it make any difference? It doesn't. Although, maybe it would relieve any tension one might feel at the thought of having to be responsible for another being.

@JackPedigo I wrote that for others. But my 1st wife lost interest in sex after I had the cut.
No interest now as my sex days are long time concluded.

@rogerbenham Perhaps for her it was not for pleasure but procreation. That is sad.

@JackPedigo Very definitely. We had sex only once after i'd been cut and she said there was no point in doing it now.

I'd sure like to know if my sperm donation ever produced a result.

My second son (first one with first wife died of cancer) with second wife was born December 5th. January 5th, my birthday I walked to the urologist office near my house and had a vasectomy done. I was 28.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:701527
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.