Agnostic.com

4 3

Some of you might find my Walmart.com story amusing:

I ordered a bunch of items expecting them to be delivered to my home. Instead, I was notified that all the items except 1 had to be picked up at the store. They sent me multiple texts telling me that my order was ready to be picked up, all I needed to do was click a link on the text when I was on my way. I did that when I was a few minutes away, and instead of confirming my pickup, I had to download a 375MB Walmart app on my cell phone! That took about 15 minutes, once I finally got the app downloaded, I was able to park in my space and notify WalMart that I was there to pick up the items that I had expected to have delivered to my home. The one remaining item was a 6 foot table that was supposed to be delivered to my home today. I was notified that the package had been delivered. Instead of a 6 foot plastic table, I received a 12 oz container of spam! The nice friendly people at WalMart sent a message to the vendor that I needed a 6 foot table and not a 12 oz. container of spam. They promised me the vendor would respond to the email within 2 days. I told them I did not need an email response in 2 days, I needed a 6 foot table in 2 days. Instead of waiting who knows how long to get another container of spam, I just wanted a refund, and I would drive to a store and buy the table myself. They said that I now need to drive to a WalMart and wait in line at customer service to return the spam in order to receive a refund for my purchase of the table that was never delivered! It was the middle of a blizzard, and I had some errands to run anyway, so I thought the customer service line at WalMart must be short. I brought the envelope and the package back to WalMart. The woman there explained to me that they could not give me a refund because it was purchased online from a third party vendor, so they would send the spam back to the third party vendor, and the third party vendor would decide whether or not I would receive a refund. I argued with her for a bit, but it was pointless. They sent the spam back to the vendor via fedex and gave me a receipt with the fedex tracking number. She said I might want to track the package back to the third party vendor and keep an eye on my credit card statement so see if the vendor who sent me the spam rather than a table decided to give me a refund. We're probably looking at $30 of postage sending a 12 oz. can of spam from Ft. Worth, Texas, to Normal, IL, and back to Ft. Worth Texas again. So I purchased a table from WalMart, took my receipt and called customer support at WalMart.com again because I did not want to receive a second table or any more spam. The guy on the phone said the decision had already been made that I would receive my refund and no replacement table would be sent. At that point I thought the story was over, but I'm still receiving communication on the issue. I got this message "Dear customer We found the item you ordered was returned because it was damaged in transit. In order not to delay your time, we have refunded you. You can check if you got the refund. We appreciate your understanding. " then today I got a thank you note from the vendor who sent me the spam for "Supporting their small business". This is literally a real-life Monty Python skit. I can just see a group of people sitting around a boardroom in a small company in Texas. Employee #1 "This man's table was damaged in transit" Employee #2 "Well, let's just send him a 12 oz. tin of Spam" Employee #1 "Excellent idea!" Then a week later: Employee #1 "He didn't like the Spam. It's being sent back via Fedex" Employee #2 "We'll let's send him a thank you note for supporting us"

BD66 8 Dec 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hell I thought everybody liked spam! πŸ€ͺπŸ€£πŸ˜‚

Whaaaat,,, don't you like spam? πŸ˜„

I don’t read stuff that looks like the above.

I don't shop at WM unless I absolutely cannot find what I want anyplace else. So far I'm two years without WM and doing fine.

You must be paying to much.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:701918
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.