Agnostic.com

10 7

LINK Why are Lyft and Uber letting Christian drivers preaching at passengers? - YouTube

As both Uber and Lyft designate theri drivers as "private contractors" and not as actual employees, it does make it difficult for them to stop the drivers from preaching their faith during rides.

However, the video does make a point that such drivers who are willing to get into an argument over religion during the drive, just isn't safe.

snytiger6 9 Jan 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I suppose it is a question of frequency. Here in the UK, it is unusual to pestered by a god-botherer (we are over 50% "no religion" ). So the novelty of it could provide some in-car entertainment.* Also, he would have to have strong masochistic tendencies to survive the countless "Shut up yer fuckin dickhead" responses he would undoubtedly receive. And we have a high % of Muslims in my yard, so I can't see that turning out well for him.

*It can be fun if you are in the mood to strip away at all the bs. Remember the times when evangelicals have "found" Ag. The resultant mauling they got was pleasantly reminiscent of Roman times.

Ohferpetesake, why aren't the passengers exiting the vehicle and getting the charges reversed...."i felt frightened" ought to do it.

I would think if they hired a ride, they had a deadline to get to their destination. Otherwise, I would think they would just get out.

I haven't use the services, but it seems to me that rides are paid for at pickup, so getting out might mean they pay for a ride that didn't finish... which might explain why they don't get out.

I’d just tell them to shut their fuckin’ hole.

I will stick with rides from friends, or, if not that, take a taxi. The cab companies still have some standards, and I would always rather support them, rather than the more exploitive ride share companies. I almost never need rides with friends these days, and so I will mainly need taxis if I end up traveling by air, in the place I fly to, as that is far better than renting a car, if I'm going to visit a major city, or esp. if i finally go overseas somewhere.

I've actually never taken a lyft or uber ride in my life. Hopefully never have to.

I've also never used Door dash, grubhub or any delivery service like that, I've read way to many bad reviews for that crap.

Never had a problem with Uber, it's just a more reliable cab service. Door Dash etc, the freaking markup is crazy, I can drive or walk to McDonalds myself if need be.

I would ask the driver if they wanted a one star rating. If they continued I would ask them if they wanted a tip.

Yeah, if I encountered such a driver, they'd find themselves with no tip and a bad review.

Those companies are desperate for help just like any other. So, they letting that slide. Which is wrong, but I would try grin and bare it until the ride ends. Unless it really gets annoying.

You can object, give them no tip and a bad review. Welcome to a free market of money and ideas

The company should refund the money for the ride if this happens and that should come out of the pocket of the driver.

I’d get out at first traffic light.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:703462
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.