Agnostic.com

4 8

LINK Letters From An American 01/27/2023

Heather Cox Richardson

Tonight’s news dump is horrific: video footage of five Memphis, Tennessee, police officers kicking and beating 29-year-old FedEx worker and photographer Tyre Nichols, a Black man, after what appears to have been a routine traffic stop on the night of January 7. He died in the hospital three days later.

At least some of the five officers, all of whom are Black, were members of a special unit created in 2021 called SCORPION, for Street Crimes Operation to Restore Peace in Our Neighborhoods. It was supposed to address violent crime.

Last week the five men, Tadarrius Bean, Demetrius Haley, Emmitt Martin III, Desmond Mills Jr., and Justin Smith, were fired from the police force. Yesterday they were charged with a number of crimes, including second-degree murder.

There is a great deal to say here, but everything I write seems to flatten Mr. Nichols’s life into the few minutes of brutal beating that led to his death.

It seems to me that I should stand aside tonight and let Mr. Nichols represent himself.

His photography is here. [thiscaliforniakid2.wixsite.com]

HippieChick58 9 Jan 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I had to stop watching it..it was so violent and deeply disturbing. If anyone now says there isn't an issue with cops being out of control, this vid should put it to rest.
But It Won't..cause White America won't
or can't believe it..

These monsters have been with us as a society forever, I wish I could answer the questions as to why and are there more now than ever before?

@silverotter11 it's Always been here, remember the images of fight for Civil Rights?..only now everyone has a camera. They can't hide it anymore. The entire "Policing Policy's" are based on practices of Slave Bounty Hunters..

@Charlene Oh tat last comment is too racist! I'm being sarcastic. It's exactly where the majority of issues in this country stem from and people like desatan do not want it taught.

Not even going to view that footage. I am unable to access the site for his photos☹️.

We will come to know who Tyre Nichols was through his death. That is the saddest thing for his 4 year old son. I hope the family has a good lawyer and gets a massive settlement.

What we need to study are the men who beat and kill people while wearing a badge. Thing ain't a white/black thing this time. Who are these monsters among us? We know they have been in society forever, are there more now than in the past?

I’m with you. I have no interest in watching the video. Let that for a jury to reflect on.

To me the biggest problem is too many white supremacists will use this to demonstrate the inferiority of a particular tribe.

His screams (calling his "Mom" ) are haunting. So terribly sorry for his mother.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:706919
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.