Agnostic.com

2 6

Ya know, while I won't categorize all Xtians as lacking intelligence and being gullible, many of them are.

This was on my FB feed this morning:

"You are not reading this by accident.
Every hands that types Amen shall never lack in 2023,I pray in Jesus name."

It was on my feedback because my ex DIL's mother (who is my friend on FB) posted "Amen" on the post.

Does she--and the others who responded--really believe that this will guarantee that they will not "lack" in 2023? Even though I am not a believer, would this cover me if I had posted "amen"? And why do people need to type "amen"? Won't god reward them anyway if they are good Xtians? No, wait--god sometimes tests good Xtians by sending them trials and tribulations, i.e. Job.

And who can trust the validity of a person whose grammar is do poor?

And WHY does my ex DIL and her mother allow my granddaughters to consistently post provocative pictures of themselves? A 14 year old girl should be trying to look sultry by showing her tongue in various positions in and out of her mouth. And now, the ten year old is starting in. Why are these girls even on FB?

Ok, I am finished venting.

(This is random--not silly or fun.)

Gwendolyn2018 9 Feb 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The two are not mutually exclusive, nonetheless.

While I won't categorize all Homo sapiens as lacking intelligence and being gullible, many of them are.

skado Level 9 Feb 3, 2023

@Gwendolyn2018 @Garban
Depends on how we describe "intelligence" I guess, but yeah.

@skado - George was a sage...

@Gwendolyn2018
Sure seems that way. Hopefully the pendulum will swing back soon.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:707936
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.