Agnostic.com

3 6

LINK St. Hubert Catholic High School Students Bashed for Racist Video

The Archdiocese of Philadelphia is launching an investigation and protesters are calling for accountability after several students at St. Hubert Catholic High School posted a video of themselves making racist comments. In the video, one white teenager sprays another’s face with black paint while screaming “Know your roots!” and “You’re nothing but a slave.” The girl in blackface then responds, “I’m Black and I’m proud!” as multiple onlookers laugh. In response, the Archdiocese of Philadelphia condemned the students’ actions, saying they “view racism as a mortal sin” and that there is “no tolerance for such behavior at Saint Hubert’s or any Catholic School.” As the video spread online, protesters outside St. Hubert and users on Twitter called the behavior “disgusting” and demanded the school take action. The archdiocese has promised that “all those responsible will be disciplined appropriately.”

snytiger6 9 Feb 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What sort of totally evil shitbags was it that encouraged those students to have such vile attitudes in the first place?

Probably their anti-choice, LGBTQ-hating, casually racist parents. That would be my guess.

My oldest sister lived in Philthadelphia for a number of years. It's known as the city of love. She said it's the city of brotherly shove.

Which is the mortal sin I wonder? Is it the manifestation of racism or is it the bad publicity that ensues when racism is expressed? Hmm.

Filthadephia is bad news whatever culture you choose.

Catholics view racism as a mortal sin????? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. So all the Catholics and popes that aided the Holocaust are what??? Priests molesting kids? The church demanding whatever bigotry can be levied against LBGTQ? The hatred of women? Would that the Church could be properly called out for it's shitty behavior...

I am somewhat grateful for the clergy. If there's a hell, I won't be able to get close to the fire.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:708827
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.