Agnostic.com

4 7

As you age, you may encounter the experience of frequent low blood pressure. If you do, you need to do several actions< (1) see our doctor so that he r she can modify your medications, (2) stay hydrated -- particularly if engaged in strenuous activity, and (3) do not get up suddenly from a seated r prone position. The results can be both costly, and physically dangerous if you do not need that advice. I just spent 5 days in the hospital and got 7 stitches in my scalp as a result of a fall on my driveway caused by a sudden bout of low blood pressure. I would not recommend such experience,

wordywalt 9 Mar 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I normally have slightly low BP (a nurse once asked me to guess my PB and I said 115 over 75) Lucky, guess as she showed me that's what it was. I too have had dizzy spells especially when working at the gym. I was told I needed more hydration. Because of the low BP I am prone to go into shock easier but things have gotten better as I age. A slightly low BP is much better than a high one.

Sorry that happened to you. I take a blood pressure med that puts me right where the doc wants me. I'm also always drinking something. 7-up or Sprite seem to work. Since I walk in special shoes and my feet tend to go to sleep, I keep a 4 pronged walking cane close by if I am sitting down. Stand up slowly to see if anything is asleep. This keeps me from falling and I have stood up quickly before and fallen right to the floor. As a computer nerd I sit for long periods of time. Posting this coz some of it might help you too.

I am so sorry you went through that. I have high blood pressure, so i need to watch mine that it doesn't go higher. Yeah, hitting your head on concrete can be a painful experience. I hope you make a full recovery.

Oh wow. I'm sorry that happened to you. I have the opposite problem, my blood pressure's dangerously high. It's affected my kidneys. Years ago my blood pressure dropped from unregulated meds and I experienced "hypotension". It was scary. I hope you can keep yours under control. Be careful out there my friend.

Thanks. Alo, take care of yourself and your high blood pressur.

@wordywalt More worried about the Proteinuria but thanks. Be careful on your feet, watch not to stand up too quickly and keep your electrolytes up. Stay safe.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:712308
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.