Agnostic.com

10 13

You got mail!

Does anyone besides me still have an Aol email account?
I haven't used mine in years, yet I signed into it today.
Brings back memories of dial-up. 😊

Unity 7 Mar 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have 3, the one for general and business is hotmail. one for astronomy is also hotmail and g-mail for my UU fellowship business. The G-mail works better than the hotmail because hotmail, for me , is slower and inconsistent.

My first email address was hotmail. Then problems ensued.

So I switched to gmail.

I use Hotmail as my primary address, and Gmail as my secondary

@Unity

Why do you have two different email addresses?

@LiterateHiker I have about 6 email addresses. I check five of them daily. AOL, Gmail, Yahoo. I’ve had Comcast, Verizon as well.

@LiterateHiker I had Gmail first.
There was some business that I was handling that required a Microsoft account and wasn't compatible with Gmail.
I created the Hotmail account and the rest is history. 😊

Not since the 90's. But I was in Q-Link which eventually became AOL...I was a remote game host.

Nah, didn't start using email until I got my first smartphone in 2013, and it was (still is) a GMail address.

Long ago, AOL caused the ACLU some embarrassment when AOL blocked usage of the word “breast”.

Women ACLU members complained that AOL was blocking their talk abour breast cancer.

I have two.

social media archeology.

Disks were needed originally to download Aol.

I know people who still use their AOL email. My tax guy for one, I just sent him some documents. I still have AOL, Comcast, and Yahoo! accounts I don't use and still use a Hotmail account.

I started with AOL. I think many people did. Because of those free discs of beguiling temptation. I would never again visit that wasteland.
Comcast was also on the list, but because the only cable in the area. Only cable provider in many areas."We don't care. What are you going to do about it?"
I still have active Yahoo - Hotmail and gmail accounts as well as private company emails.

@BufftonBeotch Gmail is that newfangled email server.

I see one every now and then.
Aiiee Oh-Hell as I called it.

It was nearly impossible to stop them from charging your account.

I would beware that your signing in again caused a long slumbering beast, in a deep, deep pit, to open its eyes and catch your scent again.

How much spam was waiting? 😄

Surprisingly none.
I couldn't remember the password. I reset it

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:712520
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.