Agnostic.com

4 6

Well, It's Official: I'm a Panhandler Now

If it's not one damn thing it's another.

I spent the first two months of the year fighting with depression and constant, chronic migraines. And when I finally managed to drag myself to work, and actually finished my first full work week of the year!- I tested positive for Covid. Again.

I ran through my savings. I've sold back or sold off most anything I could. But until I can go back to work... well, 1 weeks pay isn't going to cut it.

In possibly the most humiliating moment of my life, I started a GoFundMe account. I'm now a charity case.

Actually, wait... this is the most humiliating moment right now, because that account doesn't have my picture on it. This one does.

Anybody willing and able to help me back on my feet, here's the link. [email.gofundme.com]

I don't expect it but if anyone can... well I appreciate it so much.

Paul4747 8 Mar 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I wish I could help Paul.
My health and temperament can't deal with my current job situation, so Friday is my last day and I applied for Social security because at my age, I may not get another job.
Lean times ahead, especially if the GOP can figure out how to starve me.

I'm sorry to hear that. When things pick up again for me (starting back to work Monday, but the paychecks won'tshow for a while dammit!) I'll check back with you and see if there's any way I can give you a little hand!

@Paul4747 No need Paul, I screwed up a big software install due to office politics trying to force me to be the full time purchase officer. I'm an engineer, but so busy being purchase officer that I made a huge mistake. So when I found out I explained that it was my error so I'll stick around to fix it, but the fault was them stressing me out so bad I was going into early retirement.
I still want to leave.
But I guess a gig's a gig.

@Willow_Wisp As National Lampoon said, "Contemplate that whatever misfortune may be your lot, it could only be worse in Milwaukee."

Apologies if you're actually from Milwaukee, of course.

@Paul4747 It's OK it's Friday and now I'm retired. They changed their minds, so I'm off that hook.

It could happen to anyone Paul so cut yourself some slack.

Who else can put together a few bucks for Paul? I will figure out a way to give a little more, Paul.

Who lives reasonably close to Paul that can help him out with some stuff in person?

Thank you for that, luckily I do have my lady friend who has already brought a couple care packages, and insists on helping me more than she can afford. Her contributions are more along the homemade soup line of things... delicious but you can't spend it

Did it Paul. Hope you're doing better. Don't be afraid to ask for help when you need it. I learned that as I became ill and have to take care of myself. That's what friends are for.

If I haven't thanked you yet, I need to check my email and you'll find a reply today

Done! I hope you feel better soon!

Appreciated so much.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:714113
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.