Agnostic.com

6 9

LINK Utah becomes first state to sign law limiting kids' social media use

Parental consent for those under 18 and a 10:00 pm curfew and parental/guardian access to all accounts for minors.

Adults have to prove their age, as well, or the state will prohibit them access to social media platforms.

Arkansas, Texas, Louisiana and Ohio are expected to pass similar legislation this session (and all are expected to be signed into law.)

SeaGreenEyez 9 Mar 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Now kids in Utah will have to be afraid of the Social Media Police. I bet they are shaking in fear as I type. Are they expanding the budget for this?

@SeaGreenEyez @DenoPenno I see it as a case yet more hot air and meaningless words from brainless bozos.

This from the Party of small government!

That's going to end up being a complete failure. The government is not going to have the budget to track and enforce such laws.

There are lots of Tech savvy people out there that will devise work-around to any and all restrictions.

Betty Level 8 Mar 25, 2023

I would like to see how the dumb fucks will access, let alone control, those households that use satellite as an access technology to the Internet.

@anglophone Stupid is as stupid does. They don't know what they are doing let alone try and control it.

@Betty It wouldn't surprise me if they tried to ban Hooke's Law, Boyle's Law and the Logarithmic Law.

@Betty And they might as well ban Avogadro's number while they are at it!

@anglophone They can try. lol

How to out-dumb Floridumb.

I don't have a problem with government regulating the internet any more than I have a problem with traffic laws. It some aspects it's long overdue. That being said I'm not sure this the the right approach, government has screwed the pooch in other such efforts.

good luck on that........

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:715884
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.