Agnostic.com

5 16

LINK DeSantis-Appointed Board Says Disney Pact Severely Curbs Its Authority Over Special District

This is almost as excellent as the Trump indictment. (Bear with me, the ending is so delicious. But a tiny back story is needed for the ending to be wonderful.)

DeSantis has been outplayed by the happiest place on Earth. And Disney did it, in the most Disney way. πŸ’•

DeSantis was attempting to punish Disney for their content (LGBTQ++/Black characters and such) by claiming that he, The State of Florida (he thinks he IS the State of Florida) could take over municipal services on and surrounding all of Disney, thereby, hoping to crush Disney's revenue. In addition, he installed a Board that would oversee Disney content, and all things Brand Disney in Florida.

In-part, this was DeSantis' proclamation of who's now in charge of the Magic Kingdom:
"The corporate kingdom finally comes to an end," DeSantis said during a news conference announcing the move on Monday. "There's a new sheriff in town, and accountability will be the order of the day."

Florida however, will now have to wait until after the following, to in any way, fuck with Disney, because whatever previous deals Disney had with the State of Florida, were iron-clad, thereby, the Disney Board added some pacts that must be followed by the State of Florida and for how long these new pacts shall remain in effect. To wit:

The terms of the agreement state it is valid in perpetuity, and if it is deemed to be in violation of β€œRule Against Perpetuities,” it will remain in effect until 21 years β€œafter the death of the last survivor of the descendants of King Charles III,” the reigning British monarch.

That'll be the next ice-age.

πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

SeaGreenEyez 9 Mar 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What stupido fails to understand Disney is not just in Florida. It's an international conglomerate. My. governor is trying to have his (devil) cake and eat it too, too bad for him.

I read this situation desatan finds himself earlier today. Thanks for posting the article. It just too delicious!
When I first heard desatan wanted to clip Disney's wings I was very puzzled. Then more things came out about desatan, he's as revenge motivated as trump but without the weird charisma of don lardo.

In a sense he's trying to trump, trump. Too bad he's not paying attention to what's happening to the other tRump.

Those cretins are too focused on scoring political points with their moronic base,and outsmarted themselves.By the way,doesn't it smell of huge government over reach here from the party of 'small' government?πŸ™„

Not sure why he thought he could fuck with Disney, he doesn't seem like an idiot. i wonder if he will respond. I can see a lot of corporations pulling out of the South if the hate campaign against LGTB people and their supporters keeps ramping up.

It does my heart so much good to have DeSantis slapped down like the inconsequential, bothersome gnat he is on the monolithic global giant that is Disney!

It's definitely turning into a pleasant evening {{{ happy, happy dance }}}.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:716830
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.