Agnostic.com

3 3

tRump is going to Alabama border today to make a MAGA speech now instead of supporting Roy Moore according to White House.. Moore was quoted saying America was great even during slavery because southerners took care of their families. Going backwards wouldn't you say.?

sassygirl3869 9 Dec 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well, for these guys, it was... because it didn't affect them. Racism was accepted, and they didn't have to defend it.

Evangelical Christianity and reactionary, racist politics dominate most of Alabama.. Trump is trying to whip up those tendencies to overwhelm their intelligence and moral judgment. Call Trump the abhorrent moral criminal that he is!

Ugh... yeah. Sometimes I wish the South had been allowed to leave the United States. I think things would have evolved very differently, and in such a way that a lot of these problems wouldn't be an issue today.

Please bear in mind that despite the ever-popular hillbilly stereotype, there are many progressives in the South who do not support either [t]Rump or his racist/homophobic/xenophobic agenda. In Kentucky, for example, if you look at the percentages, sure, [t]Rump won handily, almost 63% of the vote. However, if you look at the numbers of voters, there were almost 630,000 of us who chose the other "guy." Admittedly still a landslide for the Mango Mussolini, but that's still a lot of people who would object to being painted with such a broad brush.

I'm in the South, although I wouldn't consider myself one. 😛
I wasn't intending to paint with a broad brush, not in the way you mean. As far as I can tell, the majority of these types of folks are in the South, or more importantly trace their heritage to it or identify with the worst elements of its past, I.e. Confederacy, slavery, white supremacy, etc.... What I was getting at is that a lot of that crap would have probably naturally gone away within the Confederacy itself had it been allowed to exist. I mean, there's no way slavery would still be around.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:7170
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.