Agnostic.com

15 2

LINK Do you think this list is in correct order

Bill Wyman just wrote this article on the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Vulture Magazine. From his perspective Chuck Berry is #1, The Beatles are #2, Bob Dylan #3, all the way down to last place of Bon Jovi. Queen came in next to last place.....broke my heart.
What do you think of his ranking?

AmelieMatisse 8 May 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Given the Stones early albums, 1963 - 1970, ( which I think are their best) it makes sense to me that Bill Wyman would list many of the original US rhythm and blues musicians/singers high on the list. Also, he gets some credit for not putting the Stones first!! ?

I'm not much for putting things in order but I like Bon Jovi and Queen. I'm not sure if gravity would have continued to work properly in a universe devoid of "Another One Bites the Dust".

Yeah!

He gives us old rockers a bad name.

So, I could write paragraphs about this, but...... I know it is totally subjective, and what criteria is weighted the heaviest? Musicianship? Influence? Ingenuity? My opinion is, that by any of those standards, this list is highly questionable, as apparently is the definition of rock and roll. Run DMC above the likes of Carlos Santana, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Cream, etc. Rush in the 200s. Wow, I could go on and on. But, it's the same as the lists of top guitarists. Oh well, maybe Ace Frehley is really better than Frank Zappa was.

Oh, and Queen being next to last, close to where Rush is, well that is simply ludicrous!

While I do like Queen's music, I could think of other bands who were better than them.

Yes, but to have everyone but Bon Job I beat them out? They were 213 on a list of 214

And oops that's Bon Jovi....even auto correct doesn't like them.

@AmelieMatisse DYAC

Personally speaking here I'd say Bill Wyman was extremely biased.
The Beatles would have to come in at #1, equal with Roy Orbison and an Honourary posthumus #1 for the Big Bopper, Bud Holly and Richie Valens, followed the Shadows, the Beachboys, Queen, etc, etc, leaving the likes of Dylan, Bon Jovi, etc, way way down in their place with that presumptuous twat, Elvis Presley and the like.

Agree except about Dylan. Loved his poetry I music. I would have liked to see Eric Clapton and his various groups listed higher.

I think the person who wrote this was born during that era and Queen should have definitely been at, or close too, #1 (because of my generational bias also.) The only way to get a correct list is to have multiple people voting from every generation; otherwise, you end up with this wack list. 😛

Right on!

I truly don't care what Bill Wyman thinks.

He was good back in the day bit this just seems to be his way of dissing some really good musicians

@AmelieMatisse He was a horndog in his day. Seduced more young girls than Jimmy Page. Held his bass high on his chest to scope out the young girls in the audience. Not my words, from Keith Richard's autobiography.

And where the fuck are the Wombles?

LOL

And whom the fuck are the wombles?

@Spinliesel The-Wombles

BTW, The Ramones suck by comparison to bands like The Moody Blues.

Yeah, what was that all about. The Ramones had some good stuff, such as "I Want to be Sedated" I guess though a lot depends on what era of R&R you grew up in

There are some thing that are a merger of opinion. There are other things that are a matter of fact. Being a person who is vaguely acquainted with these artists I can say, without question that undeniably absolutely reliably, entire Leaf actually based this list is wrong, wrong, wrong. That's my story and I'm sticking to it

My congratulations to anyone who was able to decipher that hen scratched jumble of words. I do even get it now. Coo coo ka choo....get that?

I guess it's just as good as anyone else's list. Can you really go wrong with any combination of 214 HOFs, besides a handful or so? The writer does seem to go out of his way to insult people though.

Yes that is what I thought

@AmelieMatisse I think I see why he shits on so many of these artists. He says, "They were inducted by Fall Out Boy, an honor in itself.", when talking about Green Day.

Also, putting Nirvana in the top 10?

@Piece2YourPuzzle I know. Clearly confused by too many years of drugs

Bon Jovi is NOT ahead of Queen, anywhere, anytime!

Unfortunately there is no correct order since either combination will displease someone somewhere sometime....

The list is shit! Queen down there must be homophobic.Yet again, we would have to write our own list to be in total agreement m

Coldo Level 8 May 2, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:71731
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.