Agnostic.com

9 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I agree with nearly all the comments here from my heathen comrades. But a question: If your next-door neighbor is drunk and out in his front yard shooting his AR-15, are you going to go over to the fence and ask nicely if he would quit shooting? Are you fucking crazy? HELL, no. Go inside, lock the doors, and call the cops. Who knows, even though it's Texas, they MIGHT drive by and have a chat with him.

I have my own AR, but it hasn't been out of the safe in 20 years except for the rare trip to the gun range. And I'm not about to get it out of the safe unless some crazy guy is actually trying to beat my front door down. So yeah, AFTER calling the cops, I'll point my piece at the front door and wait.

I would not have confronted him. And the police may have responded. Random shooting in a populated area is illegal even in TX I would think. And this sounds as if there may have been plenty of homes nearby. Undocumented people are not often able to afford great places to live.

Early in 2017, weeks after Trump became president, I read that Congress enacted a bill that would let mentally ill people buy guns. I didn’t care enough to see if Trump signed it, and don’t know if it became law. Did anyone else?

I'm pretty sure he did sign it.
And I know at least one state legislature has made a law that even a person with a history of violence with an active restraining order can purchase a gun.
I think that was case in Utah where the father killed his wife, 5 children, the children's grandmother and ate the coward's metal himself.
He bought the gun a day or two before he massacred them all.

I own 2 guns but found out today that I am banned from a gun rights group here. Maybe they are afraid that I will be opposed to something like this idiotic shooting.

Those people are not normal. They want no restrictions. Even people who have a long history of mental instability and violence should be able to have as many guns as they want the moment they want.

I'm with you. I am a gun owner, but find myself often embarrassed by the gun lobby, NRA and USCCA and their stance on turning the entire country into the wild west, with no gun regulations at all, no carry restrictions, unlimited magazine sizes, or fire power. And even more embarrassed that they tend to be Trump supporters. But mental issues would require you support the most mentally ill person for president that we have ever had in office.

I am trying hard to leave Texas. It's a fucked up land.

Lousy Republicans will have an answer. It is a mental illness issue, not a guns issue.

But they still want the violently mental ill to have guns and they don't want to provide mental health care at low or no cost, which it would need to be to be effective.

@BufftonBeotch

Because they have been saying guns don't kill people, people kill people. Democrats have not been able to do anything after continuous gun violence and even after Sandy Hook because we have traitors like Sinema and Manchin.

It wasn't a problem with guns.
The problem was those pesky Hondurans with a baby that the Biden administration failed to ban.

That pesky sarcasm.

Love it!

So,who was the good guy with a gun?🤬

In Uvalde there dozens of cowards with guns, who hid over an hour while kids continued to be slaughtered.

Another mass shooting . . . where does the week go?

Just asking but was this the scheduled Friday mass Shooting or the Saturday one?

And they are so common, most of them don't even make the news anymore.

it ain't the gun, it's the homicidal loon holding it?

But the NRA and especially TX wants everyone to have guns without any checks.
Including loons like this.

@BufftonBeotch i have noticed that, thanks.

Just another day in Texas, where guns have more rights than women.

Making abortion a crime punishable by death, they can't even smell the pungent stink of hypocrisy all over themselves.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:721772
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.