Agnostic.com

8 3

Perhaps I should be worried about climate change after all
[9news.com.au]

Carbine 6 May 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

yesterday i saw 2 younger "back racers". saw them about i hour apart in very proximate locations. blue bellied just like the article. I'm in Tennessee.

We've had two tornadoes strike here this year when we've never had them here before...

The most deadly,viscous, unpredictable scourge of snakes are everywhere, in all states and are around in all seasons.

This scourge and menace to our very lives are found in abundance in the National Parliament in Canberra, each and every state and territory parliament,and EVERY city, regional and social council.
These vipers pose a greater threat to society than climate change as their venom infects every facet of our lives everywhere!

Blowing up Nord Stream did not help.
Pollution and land degradation is the greater problem. Humans will adapt, not worried about them, it's all the other species that I'm concerned about.
Flora and Fauna have a niche temperature range where they may exist and reproduce. When there were climatic changes in times past, species migrated either North or South to maintain this niche to survive. To do this you need ecological corridors the species are able to traverse. There are very few corridors now, instead we have ecological islands, bounded by obstacles (cleared/ altered spaces) species will be unable to traverse. They will die out. We are further degrading the habitat that is left through pollution.
This 21st century was always going to be a century of mass extinctions the way humans were and still are progressing. A great shame as variety is the spice of life and with less ecological variety, our human lives will be much less as well.
NB Reptiles are far more efficient and adaptable at survival than us mammals. With a warmer climate, they may once again rule on Earth.

puff Level 8 May 10, 2023

Worrying won't change a dying person's future so I would no longer do that. Action might change ours so I would do that. Vote blue and make it clear that you are a climate voter.

Climate change is now killing thousands of more people every year. Being more concerned about it is not a bad idea.

Perhaps we should all be much more concerned I'm afraid.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:723459
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.