Agnostic.com

5 2

"In a lucid state you will have the freedom to travel into any past or future timeline through the gate of the subconscious mind in your dream world. ... Time traveling in your dream-state allows you to transcend time and space, and even travel to other galaxies or parallel universes."

M121 7 Dec 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Some of my dreams are so lifelike that it feels like I am traveling to another dimension. There have been times that people from my past reappear in my dreams so I can resolve an issue-but they often will appear in the wrong place at the wrong time. I have also thought of going back in time to change the past but that goes against my life theory things happen for a reason.

I have been lucid dreaming for over 50 years, I don't have nightmares and can adjust me dreams taking them where I want.
I taught myself this because of a reoccurring nightmare.
There is nothing magical about it at all nor can you leave the confines of your brain but, that being said, your mind is a big place with near endless possibilities. You can't time travel but you can relive and change the past and see where that goes. You can imagine a million possible futures testing each one.
I highly recommend it to anyone it will change you view point on the world and teach you to see the wonder of the real world.

@silvereyes , How I did this is that I had a reoccurring nightmare about being trapped in the outhouse on the family farm by a tiger it was a truly horrifying dream where the tiger was trying to rip the outhouse apart to get me, I would wake up screaming and shaking. One night it just clicked that this is a dream and I can choose to wake up or I can solve this tiger problem, I turn in my dream to the side there was my fathers 8mm rifle, I picked it up and when the tiger pulled the door from the hinges I plugged it between the eyes; no more tiger or tiger nightmares.
I think the key is in the realization that you are dreaming and that you can choose to exit or control the dream, the rest is just practice. I don't make a choice of what I dream normally but, I have tried that on occasion and succeeded but, dreaming is important to brain information reorganization and memory so, I don't recommend that you mess too much with deciding what to dream about before hand.
I generally just start dreaming, become aware that I am and take control after that. Sometime its just fun to let it play out while mentally taking notes or being entertained.
Since I learned to do this I have found that problems even complex mathematical and design problems I have when I go to bed get solved in my sleep and I wake up with the answers.
My suspicion is that by compartmentalizing parts of my consciousness to control my dreams and in doing so, I have succeeded to compartmentalize other portions of it.

It would be more fun, though, if I could visit actual places and actual times instead of the imaginary places of the subconscious.

I have an open mind about this sort of thing. But just like the " Near Death Experience " phenomena, there is simply no way to definitively determine that it is not just a hallucination.

What is this a quote from? I've never had control over my dreams like this, except a few times when I knew I was dreaming but it's difficult for me to maintain focus in a dream, as things tend to blur. But I don't think dreams hint at or connect us to other realities (e.g., other galaxies or parallel universe). But I do think dreams and daydreams provide us with a creative outlet, to build forms in the clouds of our minds.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:7251
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.