Agnostic.com

23 1

If you could be reincarnated, what would you do differently?

H2OLove 4 May 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

23 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I would come back as a grackle.

What’s a grackle?

@H2OLove Commonly called a black bird.

@H2OLove
A bird that sounds like a video game from 1980.

Do my damndest to not be reincarnated.

I would avoid the week l spent in North Dakota.

@OroLee lol. ?

I assume this includes the caveat that I know everything that I know now.

I wouldn't have held back and not did things out of fear of what others might think of me.

I can't say I would do anything differently. All I have experienced was a learning experience. Both good and bad as it were. If I hadn't walked my path I wouldn't be who I am today. Sure I have some regrets. But everything is a learning experience.

If I could be reincarnated today the only thing I would do differently is never started smoking cigarettes that's the only life decisions and personal mistake I've made, in my mind. Everything else has only made me a better person. As far as I'm concerned there really is no such thing as a mistake, only lessons that you didn't learn the first time(or the 10th time lol)

Come back as a cat.

I'd live less in my head. Took me a long time to figure out how to live in my life.

I'm still living in my head. Not always a good place.
Oh, the dread that accompanies an examined life.

Use condoms, I would've started being healthier earlier in lifie, go and finish college at the age of 22 or something, and get my career earlier.

Not be born black!

Dear sir, your answer saddens me. I can only try to imagine the burden of this society on your daily life. There are some of us who are trying to remove the hate and promote advancement for people of all colors. I have been an engineering professor for 19 years promoting students from all backgrounds. Yours in hope.

@H2OLove
Thanks. I've come to terms with being black. It's not like I have an option anyway.

Nothing wrong with being born Black. Being born in a third-world country is a tremendous disadvantage.

Nothing.

Nah I'd just stay dead. The world isn't that fantastic.

I would hope to become self aware more quickly. I didn't know myself until rather late in life.

Oh please. One time around is enough.

You are assuming that people being reincarnated actually remember their past lives when they are born, and deliberately choose which things to alter.

In reality, reincarnation researchers usually only can interview children who remember a past life when they are between the ages of 2-6, before the past life memories fade.

I was born remembering the in-between time before reincarnating here, and my sister was born remembering her last past life as a boy, which she talked about when she was 4-6 years old, but we teased her into silence, thinking she was being silly.

She says she still remembers it, and I have since recalled many past lives, including some details I've verified by googling several incidents I remembered. But the past lives are so different from my current one, no lessons to be learned at all.

In all my past lives I've looked at, I came to a very bad end. In the lifetime closest to this date that I remembered, I was gunned down, with my Jewish family-my father, grandfather, sister, and older brother- in Belgium, as we were fleeing across the fields for the river at night. It was just before WW ll, and we were trying to reach the boat to escape out of the country, with the rest of the Belgian Jews.

When I googled the incident, I saw that we had no chance anyway, as our government had already sold us out to the Germans, and all the people who did reach the boat were gunned down anyway when the boat reached the harbor.

Tell someone.

Not marry at age 19

VLove Level 4 May 4, 2018

Hibernate all winter and eat all summer

If I could bring what I've learned with me, I'd probably do lots of things differently.

Nothing. My life has pretty much been out of my control. It has been a roller coaster ride but it still has been a priceless experience.

Probably nothing, although I would really like to come back as one of my daughter's cats. (I suspect I would really come back as a sea slug.)

I'm satisfied letting the Universe make that decision.

If reincarnated, I would definitely post a more interesting response here.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:73106
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.