Agnostic.com

8 0

Hotwired Responses

Why are so many people (on this site) hotwired to respond to posts with religious meanings stuck in their head?

The longer I'm on this site the more often this happens to me. We're a community of freethinkers for Christ's Sake!

AstralSmoke 8 Dec 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You Are A RiOt!

Well after reading all the responses, I think I may know what you were getting at. For instance the word FAITH which I sometimes use, meaning trust. Then someone takes me to task who will only accept the religious meaning of the word. And I feel like; -------- Jesus H. Christ, lighten up!

jesus christ stop moaning

its just become such a huge part of how humans live it is part of our language and has nothing to do with religion at all hence religitards saying don't use the Lord's name in vain. the same as fuck, bollox or damn.

I don't get it. Respond with religious meanings in their head. What's that mean?

For (Christ) sakes...

There are several people that I can count on for giving an honest reply. Disagreeing or agreeing with me doesn't matter; we try to understand each other's point of view. The original question is a why question and I haven't figured out why the original why question bothers me so much, but I will.

@MrLizard my response @twshield is getting closer

"why" is a word I try to avoid. Usually it is pretty hard to answer.

maybe its hard to be original?

That's a very possible answer.

I try not to focus on religion except to explain how I became a freethinker.

I agree. There are so many other things of importance to focus on.

I haven't noticed that. Can you give any examples?

I won't give you any specific examples. When a question is asked and can be interpreted in different ways according to your 'beliefs', often times it is interpreted with Christian values implied. I would think that being on an agnostic/atheist site would lend itself to NOT thinking in a religious way. Am I expecting too much?

@VictoriaNotes I apologize for making your brain hurt and not offering a flotation device. I'm not expecting anyone to crawl into my head. I don't want them there. I re-read my post and it still seems straightforward enough to me. Maybe that's the problem.

@VictoriaNotes I always appreciate your comments.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:7327
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.