Agnostic.com

7 5

Every reasonable human is an atheists. I am never bored reading Christopher Hitchens books. Who is your favorite author?

Liam991 4 Oct 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Jane Austen.

Never heard about her. Which of her book would you recommend ?

@Liam991 Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, Emma, Mansfield Park

I'm too lazy to read books. I have my computer read them to me.

I have many favorite authors. Most won the Pulitzer Prize.

Amy Bloom, Annie Proulx, Jhumpa Lahiri, Isabel Allende, Toni Morrison, Anne Tyler, Julia Glass, David Sedaris, Anna Quindlen, Mary Lawson, Barbara Kingsolver, Ann Patchett and more.

Listening to Julia’s podcast days ago

I like Hitchens. I also like a lot of other writers. It's hard to pick a favorite. My top 21 (in no particular order) are:
William Faulkner
Orhan Pamuk
Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Joseph Conrad
Mark Twain
James Michener
Patrick O'Brien
John McPhee
Ken Kesey
B. Traven
Isabel Allende
Loren Eiseley
Richard Dawkins
Stephen J. Gould
Elizabeth Kolbert
Rudyard Kipling
Michael Crichton
Salman Rushdie
J.R.R. Tolkien
Christopher Hitchens
Sam Harris
Welcome to the site! πŸ™‚

@flyingsaucesir Wow! You have got a great picks. Loren eiseley, Williams Faulkner and Elizabeth kolbert are my fav. I enjoy reading β€œThe man who saw through time” by Loren.

@Liam991 Dang, you don't find many people who can handle Faulkner, or even know about Eiseley! Good on you! Here's another one I forgot to mention: Farley Mowat. πŸ™‚

Excellent list!

Don't really have one. There are so many good ones.

@jolanta I’d agree with you, I still think God is not great , vanity fairs, hitch 22” tops my bucket list.

Maybe I am the odd one here, but being an atheist is not a belief in something. Atheism is an absence of belief. As an absence, there is nothing to read or study about. 🫀

Oh haha! πŸ˜‚ @switchcraft I kinda disagree with your statement on nothing to read about. I have always try to keep an open mind for a convincing argument either ways and perhaps I feel there is always something to read about as an atheist 😊

@Liam991 when you get to my age, it's a process you have already been through. To continue would be to go around in circles.

@Switchcraft while going in same circle generally seems unproductive, I’d think there can be a situation where revisiting a process or cycle is necessary for reflection, learning, or finding new perspectives. It’d be my pleasure if you would take me through your life experience anyway 😊

@Switchcraft That.

He is prolific under rated writer. The world deserve more of Christopher Hitchens

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:734224
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.