Agnostic.com

5 2

Has anyone found someone special on this site I would like to read your story

LachoStar 3 Oct 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have had no luck here. There appears to be very few potential matches within a 50 mile radius. I suspect for most of us, the possibility of meeting someone here that will work out is very low.

The problem is that, even when the site was around for the first couple years, and had its largest membership, that even then, the members were such a small group, and so scattered around the country, that local dating was almost never an option for most of us. And local dating options were the only thing that seemed to attract any new members here. But once they saw there were no local dating options, almost all of the newcomers immediately left, instead of staying for the community here and giving that a try. The fact that the site owner and founder, never put the necessary money and promotion into the site, to get it a critical mass of members across the country, at least not early on enough, and make local dating an option for most, doomed the site to what it has become now.

Maybe things would have turned out differently, if more of us non-believers had more of an interest in the online community aspect of this site and valued that as much as having a niche site for dating fellow non-believers, but it is what it is. The lack of local dating options, coupled with the narrow interest of most site visitors wanting and valuing only that, doomed the site, while if most of them had stayed, maybe the site would have eventually reached critical mass of membership, across the country, and allowing local dating, on its own. But maybe a lot more promotion on FB and other places, to get critical mass faster and earlier, might have saved the site from its decline..

I suppose if one is not too particular, anything is possible. I would however suggest that you seek other platforms or hire a matchmaker.

Not only is anything possible, but there is someone for everyone, as far as a partner, as long as they have no standards, lol... Seriously tho, you are right, as am I below, that this site has never been a real or viable option for meeting other singles to date. I would advise against matchmaking services, since they tend to be expensive, and are usually scams. That leaves only the dating sites, which are now pretty much all consolidated into two conglomerates running and owning them, all with the same deceptive and greedy business practices. Which leaves only two other options, as far as formal dating avenues, namely singles groups which are usually very inexpensive, and Meetup.com groups, which are free to attend, and then paid singles groups, which can cost about as much as dating sites, but are run and hosted by paid leaders, and have frequent events for just their paid members.

I think this last option, is starting to catch on, at least in my local area, with single women, because it provides the safety and comfort of a group setting for women, and the men there not going to be fakes, married, scammers, etc., unlike the dating site profiles. Also the women feel less pressure in the group setting of the events. But right now, I am not ready to spend money and time on any of these options, as the singles groups, Meetup groups, and even the paid singles group, which is called The Smitten Project, which started in Omaha Nebraska, and then spread to Lincoln Neb. and now Des Moines, has few women my age in the Des Moines, group, and the other two types of groups, also have that same issue, as well as being made up of women who are already either on dating sites as well as in the groups, and these groups, the unpaid, non-professionally run singles groups and Meetup groups, tend to have people in them that are very bland, mainstream, and not what I am looking for.

The local Smitten Project group is professionally run, pretty much singles in their 20s-40s, but their events are, ironically, a lot like the singles events offered by Match to its members in the larger US cities, so it could be said, that the Smitten Project, is filling the gap and providing a level of service that Match never provided for members like me, who live in less urban areas, and want to be able to meet other singles, who are serious about meeting and dating, in person and offline, where things are more safe, honest, and real..

Glad to see you back here, Moolah..

@TomMcGiverin Sir, you are an expert at the mating game options. I salute thee.

@Mooolah I wish! I am only expert in how the game works, no clue at all about how to beat the odds of it and succeed at it. If I was, I could probably get rich from it, lol!

There are several. But most of them are no longer here, because of the site going down for months.

If you mean special as in romantic attachment, Uh.... that'd be a NO

I think you might end up waiting a long time for one. There were a few couples, maybe three or so, that found each other thru this site, but that was long ago, and most likely they are either no longer on here, or else no longer together, even if they are on here. I have been on here for almost seven years now, and I have yet to meet a single soul from here in person, partly because I live in a state that has very few site members, ever, not just now, and none of them, besides me, that ever stayed very long on this site. Because they only came here to find local dating options thru the site, which almost nobody here ever found, so they left very quickly and never came back.

So, needless to say, I never came close to finding anyone to date from here, since I was not willing to date long distance, and the only couples that ever met on here, were all long distance relationships, of several hundred, or even a thousand miles or more. Not really practical or desirable, for the vast majority of people. At least you live in a really large metro area, unlike me, but even then, I doubt that there are any women in your age group, that are still active members on this site, so you are probably out of luck. I would instead put my efforts into a real dating site that is established, like Bumble, Match, Hinge, Tinder, etc., because it ain't gonna happen on here, esp. these days..

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:735772
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.