Agnostic.com

9 1

Will plastic money in the USA eradicate theism, at least monotheism?

The US American bank notes carry the notion "In God We Trust" but plastic cards don. The banker God has obviously not be able to convince the cards company to carry her/his/its advertising.

PontifexMarximus 8 May 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You won't get rid of paper money until the day strippers figure out how to install a card swipe in their cleavage.

Money acts on specific dopamine receptors( i believe the same as which causes primates to wish to horde items.. don't quote me on this) . So it is possible to develop a sense of positive reinforcement (ie accomplished after paying bills or a treat or whatever) with the idea of god.

Have not thought about it. certainly possible.

I will have to try and find some more to support this idea...

All US card readers are now moving to card chips instead of swipes. We'll all be microchipped soon enough...like my cat.
"In God We Trust" was only added to cash during the Cold War for red-baiting.

"In God We Trust" was added in the 1950's as a counter to godless communism. Congress also added the phrase "under god" into the pledge of allegiance at the same time. Ironically it comes right after the word "indivisible." Cards don't have them because corporations don't care. Why would a bank pay more to print "In God We Trust" when I can pay less and maximize my profit margin, while not alienating potential customers?

As an Australian, I find US currency both bizarre and amusing. The invocation of god on the currency is, to me, anachronistic. Also, that US cash is printed on paper. Australian currency is made with polymer, which makes it both more hard wearing and much harder to counterfeit.

I understand that the US Treasury would love to move to polymer, but the US public would never accept that.

But mate ... We are still dragging along the very anachronistic old bag from Windsor. She is the king buy the Grace of God. But then again Australia has a long tradition of queens.

@PontifexMarximus I was born in Queensland!

@Palindromeman mate don't worry, we all have our flaws.

@PontifexMarximus I don't live there anymore!

@Palindromeman lucky you.

A hundred and fifty years ago, they didn't have much faith in paper either!

All christians really worry about is their denomination.

Pun definitely intended.

JimG Level 8 May 5, 2018

I really don't think so.

Plastic has been around for so long is becoming out dated. Now it is just a number in a data base. That that is, is still here. IDK the future.

Yeah, that should put an end to monotheism pretty quickly. I suspect theism will end a couple days after.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:73742
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.