Agnostic.com

7 3

Family recipes

Is there a family recipe from a grandparent or parent that you cherish?
My grandmother's steak with onions had no competition! Also my mom's cream cheese filled chocolate cake. It's sooo damn good, she calls it "El Pecado" (The Sin) hahaha

GeekLeen 7 Dec 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

One great grandmother made killer yeast rolls from scratch. Another prepared amazing home made noodles. I miss both, very much.

Zster Level 8 Dec 13, 2017

Smiley face breakfasts fried egg eyes sausage mouth and a tomato nose... Brown sauce curly hair 3 generations have loved them...

Stuffed peppers, tomatoes, and grape leaves with roasted potatoes.

@GeekLeen Yes, stuffed grape leaves (I should have used the word "stuffed" in front of tomatoes and grape leaves, too. They are soooooooo delicious, when done right!
[divinehealthyfood.com]

@ GeekLeen A vegan version of "pasteles," I imagine would be very tasty. I love me my garbanzo beans, red bell peppers, olives (though sans raisins). I'll look for a vegan recipe online. I'll have more free time next week. I think I might make some fun dishes. I also enjoy making homemade bread with spinach, onions, olives, mushrooms, and red peppers baked in.

My mother’s Sicilian Tomato sauce that I prefer over any other .I am glad I learned how to make it

I only knew one grandparent, my dad's mother but I only ever remember her making one thing. Rice pudding using leftover rice.

My mom and ex mother-in-law both had dishes that they made that included homemade noodles. They used no pasta makers or anything like that. Just put the ingredients on the table, mix it up, roll it out, cut and that was it. I was never able to master their technique. 😟

Similar experience here... those ladies were a whiz with a knife and some rolled dough!

Yes they were!

My grandmother baked the most gorgeous viennese fingers, I have tried following her recipe, I've had very good bakers follow the recipe, but nobody can get them right, they are the taste of my childhood that will probably never be recreated.

Dav87 Level 6 Dec 9, 2017

Not really, although my mother had a salad dressing (or mayonnaise) chocolate cake with a chocolate frosting that used a bit of coffee, and that was always a favorite when birthdays rolled around each year. There's a recipe somewhere, but I've never made it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:7395
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.