Agnostic.com

4 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The first successful airship was built and flown in 1852 by Henri Giffard (1825-1888), then Europe's leading steam engine designer.

What's your point?

@redbai

His patent for an airship was granted in 1906.

@Polemicist So what? That also means that Giffard did it before the Wright brothers too, but somehow despite the fact that Henri Giffard flew first, IN AMERICA the Wright brothers get the credit. So why are the Wright brothers given credit for contributing to flight but somehow Charles Frederick Page isn't even mentioned in American history related to flight?

@redbai

History indicates that navigable, powered airships in America (and elsewhere) pre-date CF Page's contributions.

[thoughtco.com]

@Polemicist You realize you haven't addressed my question don't you?

Shared to my FB page, ta.

THANK YOU for this! I'm sure I'm not the only one who hadn't heard of this man....I've forwarded this to everyone on my personal email list!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:746834
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.