Agnostic.com

8 10

Jordan Klepper hilariously skewers Trump's bibles and Tik Tok bans.

I laughed out loud at Klepper's ending interview with comic Josh Johnson about banning TikTok. "To stop bullying, every child's face should be glued to a phone screen," Johnson said. "I lived near a middle school and I basically couldn't go outside after 3:00."

"The Daily Show" correspondent tears into the former president's latest grift.

Jordan Klepper on Tuesday mocked Donald Trump for his most desperate attempt yet to raise cash to pay for his mounting legal fees: by selling his own version of the Bible.

Trump earlier in the day released a video of himself holding the $60 “God Bless The USA Bible” as he insisted that the Bible is his favorite book and that he has “many” in his home.

“Many? Many? Many?” Klepper repeated in disbelief. “How does that thing not burst into flames immediately?”

Trump’s version of the book, done with country singer Lee Greenwood, contains the lyrics to Greenwood’s hit song “God Bless The USA” ― which is played at Trump rallies ― as well as the texts of the Pledge of Allegiance, the Bill of Rights, the U.S. Constitution and the Declaration of Independence.

“Trump is mashing together the Bible and the Constitution like it’s a Pizza Hut-Taco Bell,” Klepper cracked. “I know people will say that you’re not supposed to mix the Bible and the Constitution, but what you have to understand is Trump has never read either of them."

See more in his Tuesday night “Daily Show” monologue:

[huffpost.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Mar 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I can't help but think of Ryan O'Neal's bible selling scam in Paper Moon..

The Daily Show should be required viewing for US citizens.

That has always been the case.

When will this embarrassment for America end?This is our long national nightmare,and it seems to be neverending.

Well, I no longer will listen to Lee Greenwood...

Now that Trump is such a man of God, after he loses the election he should start his own mega church……..

It has been suggested that he would be good at that.

All I have been able to think of since I heard about the MAGA bible is the bible salesman in Foul Play (1978).I tried to embed a clip but I was not able so here is one from Sarah Cooper.

Trumpty has a lot of suckers that will buy this BS. Desperation?

Betty Level 8 Mar 27, 2024

Exactly true here is the fact that Trump has never read the bible or the Constitution. The horror is that so many will believe this conman and give him money to get his bible version. His followers are so dumb that they refuse what his ghost writer for The Art Of The Deal has to say about him. Like everything else it must be "fake news." Then his followers or those that may vote for him declare "he tells it like it is." I must stop writing now coz I'm getting sick.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:751447
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.