Agnostic.com

3 9

Take a Defensive Driving class to lower the cost of auto insurance.

When I signed up with Geico auto insurance, they suggested I take an online Defensive Driving course to lower my premium.

Since the cost of insurance is rising, I decided to take the online class. It was timed. Had to be completed in 8 hours. There were quizzes at the end of each and a final exam.

The class covered WA State traffic laws, distracted driving, medications that impair your ability to drive (opiates, depressants, alcohol, uppers and downers, marijuana, etc.) round-abouts, driving in city and rural areas, car maintenance and more.

I finished it under six hours. Yay!

LiterateHiker 9 Apr 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The other thing that I think would help people is riding a bicycle on city streets and learning a different way to pay fucking attention!!
I've said it before, I learned to drive in NJ, traffic circles were everywhere, people knew what the passing lane was for and did not park their slow ass selves in it. At 20 I moved to Seattle but the first weeks were spent on a road trip down the west coast on Hwy 101, I learned to drive a stick shift on those windy curves and got my masters in shiftology on the hills in San Francisco. I've done several road trips across country. The absolute worst drivers I have ever encountered are here in Ellensburg, WA. Four way stops are a nightmare for these people, just clueless.
I digress, you see the road different on a bike. Probably because you are more vulnerable and then when you are back in the car that watchfulness carries over. Though the dumbest thing ever is seeing a person on a bicycle texting.
I'll have to check out an online course.

Good on ya!

Because I worked for a company (Pacific Bell) who self-insured their vehicles, managers who drove them had to take annual Defensive Driving courses. Even though I'm long-time retired...I still remember it all, and I've never caused an accident. There's a lot of value in that practice.

I am surprised that your test was timed . I always take online classes and the ones I have taken in the past have given me few weeks to complete Unfortunately your state regulations may not permit this type of test. In N.Y. State this is permitted .(.improv online defensive driving course is what I used )

More
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:753677
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.