Agnostic.com

5 15

Shortest phone conversation EVER with online dating.

HIM: Hi, this is Scott. So many questions.
ME: Ask away.

HIM: What are your politics?
ME: Why do you ask? I’m a Democrat and support Planned Parenthood.

HIM: I support Planned Parent. I’m a Trump supporter. This isn’t going to work.
ME: I agree. In my profile I wrote, “I am politically liberal and not religious.” Didn’t you see at the top of my profile I wrote:

“If you are a Trump supporter, hit the back button NOW”?

HIM: I didn’t read that. Goodbye. (CLICK)

The idiot doesn’t read! Typical ignorant Trump supporter. No wonder he doesn't have the sense to write a decent profile or post pictures of himself hiking. What a fool. Living in liberal Seattle, he must have trouble dating. Ha ha ha!!!

LiterateHiker 9 May 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My experience was that they never read, they just looked at photos and contacted. Who wants that guy?

@KateOahu

Exactly. Most men just look at my photos and don't read my profile.

Also with online dating, I found 75% of men expected sex on the first meet. "Let's go to a hotel." As if, to quote my daughter.

One jackass criticized my dating profile headline "Carpe Diem!" He called me a fraud and a liar because I refused to meet him, a stranger, at a motel for sex.

Immediately changed the headline to: "Educated, Fit and Caring."

@LiterateHiker IMO the ones expecting sex on the first date aren’t looking for a relationship; they’re only looking for sex. If that’s okay with both parties, no harm, no foul. Not for me, however, as I need an emotional and intellectual attachment first…but there was once a man with whom I connected very quickly and probably would have done so, given the opportunity…which was not offered, and I don’t think he felt the same connection. That said, when my son was in his 20s, he informed me that sex on the first date was now the norm. All I could do was remind him to use protection. You can bet that these days I would ask for STD testing before consenting, as the senior population has a very high incidence. I don’t really expect that to happen, though, because I am almost 75 and the only men who seem to be interested in me are nearly dead…and that would be a hard “no” on my part.

I ask about their racial bias before I move onto their political bias.
Not reading what you wrote is also a deal breaker.

The core of Trump's supporters are racist

Just a tad.

It sounds like it's almost to the point where maybe you should have a disclaimer that you will only release your phone number to those who vote democrat and who support planned parenthood. Check both boxes to get your phone number.

I just filled out my questionnaire today for my 50th high school reunion. The questionnaire asked about religion and politics, so that will be very handy to know in advance before choosing my seat at the banquet table! I clearly entered atheist and democrat. (I already know some of my classmates are liberal haters by what they post on social media, so I will avoid them.)

On my business booking agreement, I make my clients click the box that they agree my service will be based on human values, not a religious worship service. This saves me a lot of time, when after I've written the ceremony, a family member asks to have a bible passage added. Nope, can't do it! It's in my booking agreement. (clever grin)

With the political divide being as deep as it is these days, most people know that opposing political views are a deal breaker.
You were fortunate to weed out the garbage without wasting much time.
I was once open to dating a Republican. I am not so open to it now.
Today's Republican Party has morphed into something demonic.

Unity Level 7 May 13, 2024

Exactly the same for me as well! And it's even more worrisome that he didn't tell her he was a Republican but actually said a Trump supporter which is definitely in the demonic oppressor class at this point.

Sadly and somewhat of a surprise to me, Seattle has a large red contingent including my in-laws so he may well find someone to live in ignorance with. I'm sorry he wasted your time but at least it was worth a good story. 😉

Write Comment More
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:755833
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.