Agnostic.com

22 3

How often do you talk to yourself?

As I grow older I find that I talk to myself more and more - is this something that you do too?

• 2 votes
  • 11 votes
  • 13 votes
  • 17 votes
  • 20 votes
gater 7 May 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

22 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Please add "constantly." Then I can vote.

This is a true story, and sometimes when I tell it I get scared.

I was talking to myself one day (I live alone so there's nobody to talk to), and I told myself that I needed to remember to get something out of my car before I went to bed.

And then I responded to myself: “We both know that I'm not going to remember…”

We both? I have no idea what I meant or why I said that. But it might explain that weird conversation I had with the guy in the produce section at the grocery store.

That's funny!

Constantly. It's good to keep in touch with your best friend.

Not minimizing the post, or thoughts behind it...but...I think it would have been really funny if nobody had replied <snicker>

Lmao!

Only when I want someone to listen to me. 🙂

Only sane conversation of the day

lol

Thus is the reason for having many pets. "I'm talking to the dog!"

More than I care to mention.....

It's the only way i can get a sensible conversation!

Coldo Level 8 May 7, 2018

I was trying to talk to myself today, but I wouldn't talk to me… I'm still mad that I forgot my name a couple weeks ago.

@evestrat turns out I can hold a grudge. 😉

I talk AT myself a lot. Usually saying a variation of "what the fuck David" ?

Ive said that!

On occasion I may find myself babbling to myself.

It's rare but it happens. I usually repeat a joke to myself and sometimes laugh or just mention something I've forgotten and get happy that I remembered. Other times it's just me thinking out loud and critiquing or judging my thoughts.

How can you talk to yourself unless you have multiple personalities?

I think its starts as thinking out loud

On advice of my counsel, I'm going to plea the fifth.

I don't talk to myself.....I talk to MousieMan....perfect excuse for having a furry child 😉

Because I value good listening and great advice from someone loving.

I talk to myself, I make myself laugh, I argue with myself (but I never win ha ha).
I sing and dance then roll my eyes at myself.
I'm not sure if others do this or not, but I don't see a problem with it at all.
🙂

Thinking aloud is one way to give one idea greater importance in my racing mind, otherwise shit just gets lost in the clutter.

I have DID - you do the math. LOL.

Like many, I at times maintain a running dialogue in my noodle. It is not my preferred state, but in my current situation, I am needing to monitor my behavior quite stringently; thus, the back and forth, as it were. I prefer my normal state of flow and a quiet mind, which I have become more adept at maintaining. But right now I'm in semi-crisis mode, due to my tenuous circumstances, so the old think tank is working overtime.

I don't partake in that lol

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:75725
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.