Agnostic.com

3 1

LINK CNN's Response to Donald Trump Shooting Sparks Fury - Newsweek

By James Bickerton
US News Reporter

Prominent conservative figures have reacted with fury after CNN special correspondent Jamie Gangel said Donald Trump mouthing what she claimed was "fight, fight, fight" in the aftermath of Saturday's assassination attempt was "not the message that we want to be sending right now."

Speaking live on air Gangel said: "I do want to say that when I watched the tape there was one thing I found, because of all the heated rhetoric, and that is that after he was hit, former President Trump got up and said 'fight, fight, fight, fight.' I think what we're hearing from people is that's not the message that we want to be sending right now. We want to damp it down."

CNN's Jamie Gangel attacks Trump for saying "Fight! Fight! Fight!" after someone tried to murder him.

Literally, she complains about what he did 5 seconds after he was shot

"That's not the message that we want to being sending right now. We want to tamp it down" pic.twitter.com/GHhU2lLI2Z
— Ryan Saavedra (@RealSaavedra) July 14, 2024

The Context

Donald Trump was injured and a rally attendee killed after a man opened fire while the presumptive Republican presidential nominee was addressing supporters near Butler in Pennsylvania. The suspected gunman, identified by the FBI as 20-year-old Thomas Matthew Crooks, was shot and killed by the Secret Service.

The attempt on Trump's life was captured by television cameras, which showed the Republican speaking in front of a wall of supporters before multiple shots rang out. Trump is seen grabbing his right ear and ducking before he is surrounded by Secret Service agents.

As he was led away from the stage Trump told the agents to "wait, wait, wait" before raising his fist defiantly to the crowd. Gangel reported that at this point Trump mouthed "fight, fight, fight," but this has not been independently confirmed by Newsweek.

In a post on his Truth Social website Trump said: "I was shot with a bullet that pierced the upper part of my right ear." In addition to the rally attendee killed, two others were seriously injured according to Secret Service spokesperson Anthony Guglielmi.

What We Know

Responding to Gangel's comment on X, formerly Twitter, Donald Trump Jr., the former president's oldest son, posted: "Someone attempted to assassinate my father tonight and this is what @CNN is focused on. These people are vile."

Former Fox News host Megyn Kelly shared a clip of Gangel's remarks adding: "The man was bleeding from a bullet wound to his head. W** is wrong with you Jamie Gangel? In any event it was the most inspirational 'FIGHT' many ppl have ever seen or heard. The fact that you heard it as you did shows how badly you've lost the thread."

Talk radio host Erick Erickson added: "This is why there must be media accountability. CNN's Jamie Gangel is upset that 30 seconds after Trump got shot he wasn't lecturing his crowd. Unbelievable. Victim shaming."

Newsweek contacted CNN and Donald Trump's 2024 presidential election campaign for comment by email on Sunday outside of usual office hours.
Views

In a post on X responding to the assassination bid President Joe Biden wrote: "I have been briefed on the shooting at Donald Trump's rally in Pennsylvania.

"I'm grateful to hear that he's safe and doing well. I'm praying for him and his family and for all those who were at the rally, as we await further information.

"Jill and I are grateful to the Secret Service for getting him to safety. There's no place for this kind of violence in America. We must unite as one nation to condemn it."

snytiger6 9 July 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

@TomMcGiverin refuses to communicate with me. Am I missing anything?

The ear consists of mostly collagen and only has the finest blood vessels. Injury produces almost no blood. Certainly not enough blood would become available to paint Trump's cheeks and lips...

I just talked to one of my American friends from this site on Zoom. He is a former army medic and reckons that Trump got hit by a glass fragment of the teleprompter that grazed his cheek and then hit his ear. A direct hit by a bullet (even a graze) would have taken his cheek off.

So, do you think this was a staged shooting, and Trump was using blood capsules or something like that, for the blood on his face and ear, or was it more like what kelvin shared below, that Trump was cut by glass from the teleprompter, after it was hit by a bullet?

@TomMcGiverin I have no inside information. Stone and Trump have made their reputations out of staging incidents to manipulate people, so I remain highly suspicious this was staged. The blood smears across Trump's face looked fake to me, so I question what would need to happen to fake the rest of it. Maybe the flying glass could do it, but not a bullet. For Trump to be missed 4-5 times is the worst luck. I feel badly teased, and I am so tired of it.

@racocn8 The latest reporting I've heard, seems to be saying that Trump's ear was supposedly cut by a piece of glass, probably from a shattered teleprompter, not a bullet.

@racocn8 My sister surprised me when she said she thinks the whole thing was staged to create sympathy for Trump. She has never bought into any kind of consipi9racy theories.

I find it interesting that there are now reports of the gun man having been spotted about half an hour before the actual shooting. That with reports of bystanders alerting the Secret Service about the gun man and their not being at all concerned about it, does make me question the official story.

@snytiger6 It clearly was staged, and a fake attempt to kill Trump. We have now seen fiction and fact merge and blur, and if you haven't seen it before, I suggest that any skeptics of this, watch the dark political satire, Bob Roberts, with Tim Robbins..

@TomMcGiverin I was skeptical about it being staged... then all the infighting within the republican party ended after the shooting, which greatly increased their chances of winning in November.

@snytiger6 Yes, to me, that tells me all I need to know about how they felt about it, and how it politically benefited them and Trump, which is why it was arranged to happen.. I am more convinced each day, with what is coming out about how Crooks was allowed to get up on the roof and not stopped, as well as how Trump was not kept off the stage, even after Crooks was spotted way earlier as a threat. Too many coincidences and holes in the official narrative of how it was a legit, serious attempt on Trump and that he was ever in any real danger..

Also, the great silence, regarding Biden, from the Repubs and Trump, after the debate and Biden coming under fire, was very telling to me, about how they wanted Biden to stay the nominee, and were convinced that he had become fatally damaged as a candidate, from the debate..

I am in agreement with the CNN correspondent. Responding to violence by saying, "fight, fight, fight" is directly encouraging the escalation of violence.

If Trump gets elected, and Project 2025 goes forward, it will be Trump who will be be trying to take away people's guns. That is what authoritarians always do. "Bat and switch" is how authoritarians get into power.

I know that Trump will milk this for all he's worth. I fear violence will escalate and many people will suffer.

@Betty

When calm returns, we know who will have instigated the violence

@Betty I have little doubt that one or more of Trump's followers, will commit a mass shooting later this summer, as revenge for what they see as a real attempt to kill Trump, against a group composed of people seen as the enemies of MAGA, such as blacks, Hispanics, Jews, Muslims, immigrants, or queer people. And when it happens, Trump and the Repubs will not denounce or condemn it.

@TomMcGiverin I find it depressing to have to agree with you. How I would love to say the opposite. 😢

@TomMcGiverin It would not surprise me at all if that happened.

Trump will take away people's guns, but only from the groups that he considers his enemies. Straight white Christian males, and his MAGA followers, will still be able to have and keep all the guns they want to.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:761175
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.