Agnostic.com

9 1

STRESS! What is it & how does it affect you?

How do you deal with it? Constructively or destructively?

atheist 8 May 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Stress is when a person has a negative reaction over a workload or task that they don't have the means to handle, for one reason or another.

@atheist I would agree with that, but "stress" implies distress because strain is part of the definition.

Right now I don't have any stress bothering me. I will have to learn how to cope and manage with stressful things at work. It is a learning process.

@atheist Oh! You changed your avatar. I didn't recognize who I was talking to. I normally don't even look at the username much anymore. He has been basking in the sun for a few days. It is 80 degrees out all of this week and I left my blinds open for some light into my room. Right now I don't want to go outside into the heat. I did however walk through the sprinklers on the way home. The new city pool has opened up and they were watering their lawn at 2:15 pm. IDK why in the middle of the day they want to do that? What a waste of water, because half of it is on the sidewalk.

@atheist Okay.

Well........

I don't really ever feel stressed. Sometimes, when I was working and I was already behind, and another patient was added on, I would feel it for a few minutes, but, it didn't help, so I shrugged it off and moved on. Some things in my life have been hard, but I didn't feel stressed. I felt sad or tired, but not stressed. It doesn't make the issue go away, it just made it worse, so I decided not to feel it.

I live stressfree. When I retired, I retired!

@atheist thank you much!

I deal with it the best I can, sometimes it's just unavoidable.
Stress can trigger seizures for me.

@AMGT It's ok. 🙂

I don't really get stressed about anything.
Not worth it.

It's an individual kinda thing.
I just don't see any point in stressing or worrying about much. I do what I can, plan, etc....but everything happens or not and I deal with it in its time.

Some guy said "anxiety (or stress) doesn't come from fearing the future, rather from the inability to control it"

Playing music and sex. Music lasts for hours, sex not so much. ?

@atheist Very much so.

Stress is the mind spending too much time on the things you can’t control. Funny I spotted this just moments after a meditation session.. I get stressed, I’m not enlightened, I’m not a guru but meditation gets me recentetd, calms the mind and body. Everything is fine if you take the time to notice that nothing is wrong. The next few hours of my day will be busy, having made the effort I can bring calm to what would otherwise be stressful☯️

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:76465
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.