Agnostic.com

18 3

What is One Bad Habit You Wish You Could Give Up?

We all have that one thing we love to do despite its negative impact on our life in some way.

I am addicted to shopping and a Good Deal! My finances are fine and i am not in Debt, but the money i use to but things i really don't need could go to more Savings...

twshield 8 Dec 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Definitely smoking. If not smoking, then drinking. Or both.

I smoke which I have quit off and on for years at a time. But that is not the habit I wish I could give up. I'm diabetic and addicted to fruit juice. I could drink a half gallon of fresh OJ in a sitting if I allowed myself. Those little juice glasses you get in restaurants at exorbitant cost are laughable. Give me the whole bottle!

I wish it was a habit, but it’s chemical—my extreme anxiety.

Smoking cigarettes. I quit 10 times over a lifetime and still have the habit now.

Procrastination... I keep meaning to give it up, but I just keep putting it off....

Mine is smoking. I'm in the process of starting over and going to put it on my to do list with a date.

Talking to loud. I spend 5 days every other week at my 101 year old fathers house and must scream my brains out to talk to him because he refuses to wear a hearing aid . When i return home i continue to talk much to loud ,and my wife has to tell me to tone it down .It is so hard to acclimate my self to normal conversation it never goes back to normal

Procrastination

I'm working on this one right now!

when a bad habit becomes part of me... stop being bad to being part of what makes me Me. No Longer Bad because it Never Was just Misunderstood by those without the guts or those with the envy or simply those who can't. No tattoos, no piercing, no legal problems, no health problems, no greed for money, no drugs, no smoking, less than social use of alcohol, I don't turn up my nose on Anybody's deficiency or bad habit. If it makes you feels good and is not a crime against humanity... how bad could it be? My latest Bad Habit was Working and was removed 2 years ago by my own device and not missed.... But I will return to work for the right Woman but She must be a Hell of a Bad Habit!!!! ...But don't get me wrong, I still can drink like the Old Sailor I am and open to new experiences... I just reserve it for the Right Company and the Better Vibe Crowd.

Junk food. I think it's harder than it has to be because my S.O. is constantly bringing the stuff into the house where it presents me with a constant temptation. Of course, that's just an excuse; no one is twisting my arm to eat it, but try as I might to resist its siren call, I always end up eventually skarfing down a bit then trying to compensate by ticking off a few extra steps on my Fitbit.

Same here

Biting my nails off.

me too. I used to twist my hair at the top of my forehead. they made fun of me and I started to bite my nails. NOw I have to wonder which would be better

I had the same problem until they pulled all my teeth and gave me dentures. Now I can't chew my nails!

I have a bridge so have to chew around it.

Overeating. Again, I'm trying to curb my eating when bored.

Hopefully that will also eliminate my Type 2 Diabetes.

Nice job! congrats, @twshield

Being an Analysts, I've got a bad habit of using a root cause analysis on everything. I use it to explain failures. It always comes back to pilot error. My wife gets so pissed off when I talk this with her. Example: did you read the instructions? And so on.... whew! I just need to shut up and say nothing...lol.

Is the monitor on?

I use my phone...

Allowing my self to get distracted when I need to be working on something--that I am here instead of doing what I should be at this moment is a prime example of that. I better go now 😮.

Lol

You have seven likes on your comment. Did you know that? Are you there? No, because she’s smart. Unlike me.

Procrastinating-leaving chores and obligations to last minute.

I messaging working?

procrastination

skado Level 9 Dec 11, 2017
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:7699
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.