Agnostic.com

18 3

Do you feel pity for snake handling Christians, who lost their lives from their delusions?

This is a YouTube video about the deadly religion where Christians took their belief to the extreme with handling rattlesnakes. Pastor Jamie Coots died several years ago and now his son continue on with this deadly practice. I don’t feel bad for these people to a degree because they were this delusional to put their faith in this imagery thing, who has yet to prove himself real, but I have to admit it was their stupidity that did this to them when they could have still been here on Earth and turned away from their faith with a little critical thinking and could still be living their life out today to the fullest and done something more productive with their lives. What’s your take on this? Please tell me what you thought of this video.
EmeraldJewel 7 Dec 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No. Pity the children.

I feel more anger towards the fallacy that such an activity is favored by any organization.

No sympathy at all. If some people choose to cull themselves from the herd by doing stupid things, great. I'd send a thank-you note, but they're dead, so...

Nope. They are prime candidates to win "Darwin Awards". They wanted notoriety, and they go tit. I might feel sorry for any kids they leave behind. I mean what kid wouldn't be embarrassed that their parent died by handling snakes in a religious fervor?

Nope. Handle a venomous animal without proper training, and you get what you deserve. that's what Darwin Awards are for.

I just watched that. Those people seem like the extremists. Animal abuse to snakes. People are stupid when it comes to god.

Yep! Sick, crazy people!

no, i feel for the snakes being dragged out of the wild and getting killed. I hope more get bitten.

LMFAO!!! Cold but gold!

and true. what do these fools expect from a venomous snake? I like your cold but gold saying lol x.

This has been going on for a hundred years in a part of the country where the education system has failed and poverty is dominant and generations of children are raised and immersed in a religious cult. This is part of their identity and completely normal to them.

Even though it is illegal there doesn't appear to be any enforcement of the laws or they wouldn't be all over the internet.

Better quality of education and a healthy economy would help to wipe out the majority of these cults otherwise this will still be going on in a hundred years from now.

So sad. 😟

Betty Level 8 Dec 12, 2017

i think it is natural selection, mankind overall becomes more intelligent

turf Level 5 Dec 11, 2017

Not at all... they took it to the extreme to prove a point and it backfired. That's like putting all your money on black and it spins to a double zero or red. Not even a 50/50 chance. Ha... !

No,I do not feel pity for snake handlers, because they still kept faith and died for it, refusing medical care. They died, happily, believing that they would not die or that it was god's will, should they die .

I guess part of me feels bad, but at the same time it seems like these are willfully ignorant people and I have difficulty wasting much time pitying them when there are real victims in the world who aren't self-deluded fools.

Lol Ikr! I pity children living with horrible disease, who never had a chance and anybody else, who suffer. I hope they enjoy Heaven and spending time with Yahweh and Jesus!

Why did it have to be snakes? 😟

Lol when their religion teach against snakes, but they took the verse speaking out about healing the sick and handling serpents to the next level.

Thanks, I didn't know that. But my comment was really from "Raider of the Lost Arc". Plus, I really don't like snakes... 🙂

I believe it is God's way of cleaning up the gene pool.

I feel pity for children who are brought up to believe in such stupid, dangerous nonsense.

Coffeo Level 8 Dec 11, 2017

Yep!

I have a very hard time feeling pity for someone who would have looked at an atheist like me as if I were something they scraped off of their shoe.

LOL Not really.

They fought common sense

No, but it is fascinating to me. Like a train wreck ,nobody wants to look but you just can't help yourself

Lol I agree with everything you said. It’s kind of hard to feel bad for someone, who died from their own stupidity.

If I were to watch, I'd be rooting for the snake to bite them

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:7761
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.