Agnostic.com

4 8

LINK CGI Animated Short Film HD "Alike " by Daniel Martínez Lara & Rafa Cano Méndez | CGMeetup - YouTube

What do you think about what this film says. I think it's pretty spot on... which is a sad reality. What can we do to change it?

BeeHappy 9 May 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

@BeeHappy you certainly find them and I'm glad that you do. A wonderful film - I couldn't keep the tears from my eyes.

Awww, you old softy. ?

@BeeHappy & less of the old sister B

Very nice. When I see congested 8 lane highways and office car parks with hundreds of cars, you have to ask yourself what have we done? Are we completely f#@cking mad! We really have gone to far, every other natural habitat manages a balance by the predators keeping the prey down and the prey only feeding a sustainable amount of predators. We are literally too successful for our own good!

I tend to agree.

Conformity is just another step on the evolutionary ladder. It is a societal tool that enhances one's chances of survival. It is an enabler for cooperation in the clan. It has been with us since the early days of development on the savanna. We have been doing this kind of thinking so long that it has become like background radiation; it's there, but we don't notice it. Where we have gone wrong is in not keeping it in the background and have frequently carried it to extremes.

It is an essential tool in a society. Consider what would happen if each person on the assembly line used different tools, had different priorities, and did their jobs as they saw fit. Fortunately, we have a percentage of our population that makes it not to see when we go too far with our cooker cutter societal thoughts. The proverbial "A hundred marching men and Jules is the only one is step," situation. The man on the knoll with a violin. The creatives among us who are always there with a splash of color to attract our attention to our sameness.

One of the reasons I hope for an eventual takeover in the labor end of life in a modern society by AI and robotics is that we will be set free to be more creative with less pressure to conform to specific "norms" in certain areas. There will always be a need and a use for conformity to a degree, but we can lessen it in the future and that will enable us to move ahead more rapidly in all areas where it is a positive for creativity.

Something to think about.

Oh Bee! I love animated shorts like this..they are little works of Art..enjoyed that immensely.
Thank you. X

You are so very welcome! 🙂

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:78060
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.