Words only provided a glimpse
Asunder, fathoms reveal their purpose
Oceans live within us
And even now I can not find all the words
To sum up how I feel
And that, to me, is beautiful

AthanTheAtheist 4 Dec 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

After contributing to this question I had another thought: It is often hard to describe in words the feelings one can get from words. One can be moved by a poem, story or song and yet not be able to describe that feeling in words.

The limits of words are magnified by the fact that everybody has a different perspective of things than everybody else. Different languages and different areas emphasize different feelings (it is said that in Seattle there are more terms around the word ‘gray’ than in say, Phoenix). Also, words and sounds can create emotions of their own. Look at poetry, literature, music.

However, right now I get the point because I am at a loss of words to describe, in depth, how I feel about this statement.

Well said.

Nice.

I think that is why we need Artists... they can often communicate through images music or poems etc what we lesser mortals struggle to express. I once stood by a river estuary and the water thundered by it felt so powerful and vast I literally couldn't speak... as you say I just felt the emotion of its energy I was part thrilled part fearful... Thanks for your post

Well said.

gearl Level 8 Dec 12, 2017

Lovely. 🙂

Betty Level 8 Dec 11, 2017

Thank you

For not being able to find the words, you expressed yourself precisely enough to make me feel something!

Happy to hear it!

This one of the fundamental reasons I write poems I can take words that you would not commonly find together and incorporate them in a line and create an entire different interpretation of the intend use in essence an unknown thought that needs an expression.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:7832
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.