Agnostic.com

20 19

Why Only the Happily Single Find True Love

"One of the key requirements for having a good chance of finding the right partner is not to mind too much being single." (2 minutes 24 sec)

VictoriaNotes 9 May 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

20 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I've been happily single for 20 years lol.

Thanks for the Pearls of Wisdom.

True. Wanting to be with someone as opposed to needing to be with someone is the way it works best.

Very true, but you have to create options to meet people anyway.

Gert Level 7 May 13, 2018

Relationships between man and woman are driven by hormons wich have to do with reproduction. People who look healthy and happy or rich show to the other person the best elements for a succesful parentship. That can be just an illusion ofcourse. When men are single and they drink some glasses or take coke they look stronger and happier then they realy are. It creates a form of lying. Also parfumes and clothes or jewelry can be ment to find a partner. Tricks wich often give a wrong impression from the person. Both men and woman use tricks to cover their real natural state. Afterwards they often find out that they are not a good couple at all.

And we can not grow emotionally when we have low self esteem and constantly berate ourselves for the LACK of accomplishments. We have to love ourselves, forgive ourselves and only then can we truly make a decision about loving someone else.

Been there and learned the lesson. However, after a relationship, especially a good one, it is hard to put oneself in the 'single' mode. I guess I need to go out and get a bunch of cats!

@VictoriaNotes For some of us that realization never comes. However, move on I must and am doing so very well. I count my good luck every day. But the hope of sharing is still there. This was the case with Parvin and in the beginning I thought I didn't need another. I was proven wrong, though which only adds to my present feelings. Victoria, there is a huge difference between having unsuccessful relations and a very successful one, I know!

@VictoriaNotes Absolutely, and I'm am very much aware of this. Trying to replace a person with another is always a big mistake and it will always fail!

I like this clip and totally agree!

Happy, positive people attract people. Laughter and enthusiasm are contagious.

Negative people are draining and hard to be around. They drive people away.

I absolutely love "The School Of Life"'s videos.

Damn good advice.

Very True

That's my philosophy. If you're not happy alone you'll always be looking for someone else to make you happy and end up blaming them whenever you're unhappy! If you're not happy looking in the mirror, then change... looking at someone else in the mirror won't change a thing

I disagree. I know people who cannot bear being alone and as soon as one relationship/marriage ends they are straight into another, in spite of any apparent lack of eligibility. And they don't seem at all perturbed by their own, or their partner's manifest deficiencies. They're as happy as Larry.

I’m knockin’ that one outta the park! 🙂

skado Level 9 May 11, 2018

I believe it.

Hmmm... thats cool. Its good advice to follow. Its amazing how we know nothing about love when were young. I wish we all had a class to take.

Makes a lot of sense.

I think this is very true.
You have to be happy and content with yourself, first.

I got an error message! Video not available.

@VictoriaNotes Nope. But I bet I can go straight to YouTube and find it. Thanks for trying🙂

@FortyTwo Ratts... I'm doomed...again!?

@FortyTwo, @VictoriaNotes That one worked!! Thanks so much! Maybe I'm not doomed after all!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:78789
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.