Agnostic.com

20 5

Is it a deal-breaker if someone lists weed in their profile?

As a sometimes-weed partaker it's not very important to me, but I wonder if the stigma has died down somewhat now that legality is sweeping the nation.

Is it a deal-breaker if someone has weed in their profile?

BadBoyMakesGood 4 May 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

20 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'd rather someone smoke weed than be an alcoholic, smoke cigarettes, has hook up, or believer in their profile or be a general site creep. It's legal where I live and I partake. I started using to control cronic pain from years of battling JRA. I've never been much of a drinker, I don't take pain meds, so maybe it takes the place now and I mostly use to relax. My life doesn't revolve around it. There are other more important things to learn about me. Weed shouldn't be a deterrent.

I have met women on dating sites that are weedsmoker, we have stayed friends, but I don't date smokers, that includes weed. Not a judgement on dope, just smoking in general.

Same with me.

If it is, you probably wouldn’t want to hang out with that person anyway.

Weed is not a deal breaker for me, but tobacco is.

To me weed stinks worse than cigs

@buzz13 Fair enough. I think that, objectively, I'd agree, but despite smelling worse weed smoke doesn't make me sick to my stomach.

Smoking of any kind is a deal breaker for me. Naaaaaaaasty!!!!

Hooray for you...!!!

It’s a deal maker for me.........

It is to me. It should be legal. I just don't like smoking and some of the people I've known who smoke weed seem a little 'vacant'.

Having just ended a relationship with a pothead, I've got to say it's a strike against for me, not a dealbreaker, but it would be nice to be with someone who doesn't get cranky if he has to go a few hours without a hit. I don't mind partaking from time to time, but it's not a habit for me.

In my line of work, I sometimes bring along a friend to snap casual photos of weddings during the sunset hour, for $100 takehome for the friend, easy money, but if my friend is drunk or wasted by 4:20pm, it's embarrassing for me and I end up having to refund the $150 to the couple out of my own pocket for bad photos... has happened a few times, so I can't use any of my friends who are potheads or alcoholics. If the alcoholic or pothead can be sober and grounded in reality from 9-5 at least, it wouldn't be so much of a problem, but I find some people get cranky if made to go an hour or two without a hit.

I live on a tropical island where every day feels like a Saturday in summer, and most people my age are retired, so it can be hard to find people who can leave the mind altering stuff alone when need be.

I'm sure it does, but it should be in your profile that you partake so you can WEED out those people. ?

I don't imbibe and until it's legal nationwide it is a deal breaker for me. I just don't want some big dog crawling all over my car seats sniffing out drugs because my girlfriend had just smoked. I hate being hassled by cops for any reason, (refer to my 60's arrest record).

No. It is a common thing. To say it is a deal breaker you have omitted a lot of prospects.

Yep, I omit them and alcoholics too

Not a deal breaker but I'm not a fan

Yes in many places still.

I am fifty and my kids are almost out of the house,so "Someone who knows where/how to buy weed." would be on the list of things I'm looking for in a mate🙂

It's a deal breaker if they don't!

Yep. But "hook-ups" and "sex" listed is worse - a complete turn off, and so unimaginative.....

@ProudMerry - Because 99% of the population likes sex, without having to shout about it.

@ProudMerry - well hopefully you'll find lots of people like you who put it out there along with books and travel and talking about it with people you don't know. That's just fine, but I won't be one of them, because it's a private matter for me, and I only talk about it (lots) with people who may be involved in it with me!

@ProudMerry That's what I said.

I'm married (though, in Facebook terms, it's complicated)/not looking, but if I were, it would be a deal breaker for me. I'm in Al-Anon with a lot of "qualifiers" in my life. I know that most pot users aren't addicts, but I just wouldn't be willing to take the chance. I don't need any more of THAT in my life.

Sort of related: I'm totally in favor of legalizing marijuana, particularly for medical usage, but also for recreational usage. It's far less destructive than alcohol.

vita Level 7 May 12, 2018

Depends on if you've got WEED in your profile. Could be a match made in heaven! (Oops, sorry, strike "heaven" ) 😉

I guess that depends on who is reading it.

Exactly!

No. It's a bonus point.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:79595
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.