37 3

What do you do when you are stressed out?

Do you cry? Give up? Give in? Move on?

By Aralt
Options Favorite Like

37 comments

1: Drink. Every now and then I actually get drunk.
2: Smoke a bowl.
3: Meditate. Often I meditate on how much I’m enjoying being drunk or high.
4: A visit to peaceful outdoor setting.
5: Walking (though not if I’m drunk as it becomes stumbling).
6: Watch a comedy or drama about other people having problems.
7: Drink some more.

rainmanjr Level 7 May 16, 2018

try tongue but hole

Huh? @DZhukovin

@rainmanjr great chest ahead, try thrust

Drink alcohol. I don't get stressed often, but when I do, I have a couple beers, some wine, or maybe a couple shots of hard stuff. That said, my favorite, and most often practiced stress reliever is a nice, long mountainbike ride.

Condor5 Level 8 May 16, 2018

all of what has already been said..... AND, sometimes dealing directly with the cause of your stress(example: work situation) is the best solution, at least if you're successful. LOL

oldnslow Level 5 May 16, 2018

I go on a long bike ride.

gsiamne Level 7 May 16, 2018

If possible, get outdoors and go for a walk or a run. If not, beating the heavy bag in the basement.

ronin73 Level 7 May 16, 2018

Is that last one a metaphor ? 😉

One bourbon, one scotch, and one beer!

LuckyCharms Level 6 May 17, 2018

Always think tomorrow will be a better day

IamNobody Level 8 May 17, 2018

Step back and regroup. Chill out. Watch something fun or mindless on TV. Write. Play games. Sing. Dance. Meditate. Cry. Sleep.

bleurowz Level 7 May 17, 2018

take a drive and blast my music

twshield Level 8 May 17, 2018

get outside, hike, walk, run, bike ride.

happyhiker1 Level 6 May 16, 2018

I don't get stressed to start with.
Not worth it.

Slappy_Longarms Level 7 May 16, 2018

Best attitude.

One of: Exercise. Eat. Drink. Stay in bed. Dig in and get shit done.

PhitDoctor50 Level 7 May 16, 2018

Bike and write. Not necessarily in that order. And crying sometimes really does help.

Nottheonlyone Level 7 May 16, 2018

Read, go for a walk. Reading is like meditating for me. It takes me away from the stress. Walking, not so much. I'm still thinking about the situation but it gets the blood flowing, and hopefuuly, some will reach my brain so I can figure out what needs to be done.

kltuckmn Level 6 May 17, 2018

Hang out with family and smoke weed/drink a little to take off the edge

Rob11 Level 2 May 17, 2018

Also, my bed saves my life at times.

Go out and pull weeds! OK, I'll give myself a few minutes to indulge in the panic, but then it's figuring out 1) What is the real problem? 2) Can I do anything about it? 3) Should I be involved? 4) Is it possible/practical/desirable for me to do so? 5) Will my efforts be welcomed, or can I make a positive difference? If I can make a difference with action, I will act. But it requires those minutes of calming, thinking, planning, and evaluating before proceeding to the action.

AuntieM Level 4 May 17, 2018

Play uke, get back to nature.

SimonCyrene Level 6 May 17, 2018

Scream.

GoldenDoll Level 7 May 17, 2018

take a drive and blast my music

twshield Level 8 May 17, 2018

Drink some beers!

MichelleGar1 Level 7 May 17, 2018

Stress relief...

Yogisan Level 6 May 16, 2018

I believe you. I had several motorcycles in my 20s and 30s. My favorite was a 1975 Norton Commando 850. I looked at the picture of your ride for a couple minutes and let my imagination take over....feeling the wind in my face....feeling the torque.....the whole deal. I am feeling waaaaaay less stress now. thanks, bud.

Any time. I wrote about a ride or two on here and just doing that relaxed me so much. I've had a couple of rides that were so good, the right bike, the right road, the right weather, that I becane one with the universe for a few moments. I didn't even have to use my "om". Lol. 😁

Run around the room with my arms flailing about in the air screaming, "WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!"

webbew1 Level 7 May 16, 2018

yup!

Eat. Complain a lot.

BrightTyger979 Level 6 May 16, 2018

I love complaining. It is the best therapy. The key though is to find someone who will listen!!!!

Looks like me just waking up.

Marine Level 8 May 17, 2018

I don't get stressed out.

LimeySteve Level 7 May 17, 2018
Write Comment
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content read full disclaimer
  • Agnostic.com is a non-profit community for atheists, agnostics, humanists, freethinkers, skeptics and others happy without religion!