Agnostic.com

26 3

What do you do when you are stressed out?

Do you cry? Give up? Give in? Move on?

Aralt 7 May 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

26 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

1: Drink. Every now and then I actually get drunk.
2: Smoke a bowl.
3: Meditate. Often I meditate on how much I’m enjoying being drunk or high.
4: A visit to peaceful outdoor setting.
5: Walking (though not if I’m drunk as it becomes stumbling).
6: Watch a comedy or drama about other people having problems.
7: Drink some more.

try tongue but hole

Huh? @DZhukovin

@rainmanjr great chest ahead, try thrust

Drink alcohol. I don't get stressed often, but when I do, I have a couple beers, some wine, or maybe a couple shots of hard stuff. That said, my favorite, and most often practiced stress reliever is a nice, long mountainbike ride.

I go on a long bike ride.

I go to my farm and work on my tiny house or just do some repairs or cleaning up around the place. I keep in touch with the land from my formative period.

One bourbon, one scotch, and one beer!

Always think tomorrow will be a better day

Step back and regroup. Chill out. Watch something fun or mindless on TV. Write. Play games. Sing. Dance. Meditate. Cry. Sleep.

I don't get stressed to start with.
Not worth it.

Best attitude.

Bike and write. Not necessarily in that order. And crying sometimes really does help.

Read, go for a walk. Reading is like meditating for me. It takes me away from the stress. Walking, not so much. I'm still thinking about the situation but it gets the blood flowing, and hopefuuly, some will reach my brain so I can figure out what needs to be done.

The most sensible thing I do is meditate. But mostly it is vast consumption of wine and chocolate

Go out and pull weeds! OK, I'll give myself a few minutes to indulge in the panic, but then it's figuring out 1) What is the real problem? 2) Can I do anything about it? 3) Should I be involved? 4) Is it possible/practical/desirable for me to do so? 5) Will my efforts be welcomed, or can I make a positive difference? If I can make a difference with action, I will act. But it requires those minutes of calming, thinking, planning, and evaluating before proceeding to the action.

Play uke, get back to nature.

Scream.

Drink some beers!

Run around the room with my arms flailing about in the air screaming, "WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!"

yup!

Eat. Complain a lot.

I love complaining. It is the best therapy. The key though is to find someone who will listen!!!!

Looks like me just waking up.

I don't get stressed out.

I go to teh beach, just a walk, usually a swin, or at the very leat jump in the pool, the colder the better. That big wake up seems to ease the stress.

step back from whats stressing me and do something else.

Play guitar. Helps me focus.

Ride my Harley🙂

I have to think about this in depth.

There is intellectual stress, emotional stress, and physical stress. Those are all I can think of right now.

For intellectual stress, I just play with my arousal level, and come up with strategies.

For emotional stress, I just eat or drink what I need to eat or drink to get my energy. Making to-dos, and trying to get as much stuff done as possible to lighten my burden of menial tasking helps me out. Technological solutions like e-mail and such are my go-to because they can kill a problem quick.

For physical stress, there is the strength and endurance components. I absolutely have to lighten up my load, and/or change up my technique. Tendons and ligaments do NOT like to be strained and take a while to heal. For endurance, I have to change up my technique.

It really depends on how stressed out I am. I will cry, exercise, or go get ice cream. I always regret getting the ice cream, and honestly the exercise always makes me feel the best.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:83153
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.