Agnostic.com

5 3

LINK The things you might not know

Apparently many people don't realize that "yellow dandelions" are the same as "white dandelions" (read the comments on the YouTube video, it's true). It's easy to blow it off and call them stupid, but that doesn't seem fair to me. I never learned this in school. I only knew it because my mom talked about it a lot. It's not like my friends talked about plant lifecycles all the time. I heard a girl tell an embarrassing story on This American Life about asking her college friends if unicorns were extinct just really rare. It makes sense. Unicorns are just horses with a horn, not any less believable than a zebra if you thi nk about it. What kinds of wierd misconceptions might we all be walking around with because we didn't happen to learn some small detail everyone else knows?
Has anyone had a moment like this where they figured out something that is so silly and and obvious that everyone else already knew?

MsAl 8 May 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I was a very early reader and learnt to read a lot of words and understand their meaning well before I knew how they were pronounced. I had misread one particular word and was mortified several years later when I found it was pronounced 'kiosk' not 'koisk'.

I just last year (terribly embarrassing) realized the word difference in the riddle "what's black and white and "R-E-A-D" all over wasn't "RED." I always knew the answer but for some reason, the word difference never clicked till last year... duh!

Well the answer to "What's black and white and red all over" is "A nun falling down the stairs" - the reply "What's black and white and laughing?"... "The priest who pushed her.",

Two years of Catholic School . SMH

I used to think when I was four years that I was once a grown-up I remember saying to my father you wouldn't have said that to me when I was big! - I do come from an extraordinarily loony tunes family so not surprising really.

It took me over 50 years to realize why Snoopy was named Snoopy.
Doge snoops.
Yup.
Some folks have a light go on in their head.....
others it's more like a lava lamp warming up.

Ice cream has no bones

I'm taxed. Their is a beginning to that and I'll be darned if I can remember what it is and what was the retort that brought it on. When I get a moment it will come back and I will relate the yarn. Stay tuned.

@Nevermind345 can i breath while i wait? Because 3 days ago i had an episode of Not breathing that i Did Not Like....

Ice cream is an udder delight.

@Nevermind345 It's simply a non sequitur - it could be in response to any question.
The more ridiculous the question the better.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:83387
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.