Agnostic.com

29 5

OK. There is no god. But if there is no creator, no master plan, how do you explain the creation and expansion of the Universe, the birth and death of planets, stars, solar systems, and galaxies? And the creation of Life?

I think that the Universe as we are able to perceive it is the result of the innate characteristics of the relatively few elements that comprise all matter. Oxygen and Hydrogen under the right circumstances will always combine to form water which will always boil at a certain temperature under certain pressures and freeze under similar finite circumstances. But is this enough to explain creation? And doesn't it beg the question, From whence came the elements and what dictates their unique characteristics and interactions?

GareBear517 7 Dec 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

29 comments (26 - 29)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Any explanation that invokes god requires an answer to the question of the origin of god. It gets you nowhere.

let's face it, the shit is big......but that doesn't mean Jesus was the "only begotten son of God".....I really believe the "Son of God"......was and is, always will be the SUN, that rises every morning. Egyptology. Without the sun, there would be nothing on earth. The whole thing started.....like millions of years ago......

I'm no astrophysics but I'm pretty sure gravity is a big reason all those things happen not a god....although gravity is invisible lol

WOW that was a solid and powerful well "theory"!! But solid man!!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:8422
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.