Agnostic.com

51 4

Do you date outside of your race?

pierceddogmom 4 Oct 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

51 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes I would, just live in a very small town, so there isn't much cultural diversity

Yes.
But, honestly, I am more attracted to some races than others.

Absolutely. The last guy I lived with was white -- and a believer! Small wonder that one didn't work out, huh? LOL! Seriously, though, neither of those reasons caused our breakup. But yes, I do. At this point in life, I am less concerned with what's on the outside as I am with what's going on in a person's heart. Corny but true. Don't really care how others feel about it. 🙂 My preference is black men, I won't lie. But race is not really a factor.

Why do you have a preference on skin color? Maybe it is just me; but it seems odd to me. I go about my life and I see a lovely person, how they carry themselves, showing pride and the gleam of intelligence in their eyes, they I notice their legs and butt, wandering back to their to their face and look for indications of their awareness of themselves and others, hopefully a curve of a smile on their lips showing humor and happiness with themselves and their life about this time I note their color, yellow, brown, black---then try to figure out their nationality, from what I have noticed, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Indian, Mexican, Columbian, Venezuelian, and if white East Coast, West Coast, South, not American.... what ever. The people I what to make time for are the ones whose light shines out from within---they have something to give to any relationship---whether as a friend or a lover. they invest themselves in their life and they are the un people to be with. Your thoughts?

It's not about skin COLOR; it's about shared life experiences. As a person of color, I do not find it complimentary when someone says, "I'm color blind; I don't see color when I meet a person." Of course you do. We all do. That's not discrimination; that's reality. When you are with someone of your own ethnicity, you have a 'cultural shorthand' - you share some of the same life experiences or understand certain things that are unique to your culture. It's just easier and more familiar. But as I said, I'm open to dating others as I have in the past.

I only date humans, males preferred. I have dated men of many races. Skin color does not define a man.

The human race? No.

Of course and have

Nope, humans only!!

Yes, sure

Yes, I admire all kinds of ladies😉

I haven't had much more than a few one off dates, but yes, absolutely.

Haven't had the opportunity. But I also don't date much.

Alas, no. It's not that I don't WANT to date outside of my race, it's just that I'm in a bit of a dry spell at the moment. But if the rains ever come, and the drought ever ends, I will happily date outside of my race.

Yes, definitely!

Yes, color is only a label.

yep

I am a brunette-aphile, but I've also dated blondes... and they were equally good.
To me it's not the outside that really counts. Its the inside. And the inside can be beautiful no matter what race.

Yeah...I never understood why someone wouldn't.

I have, and I would, because I’m attracted to beautiful, smart, and classy women period.

Yes, skin color doesn't bother me. I've read some articles that say mixed children are healthier and potentially smarter in the long run, due to more diverse genes. Too bad I don't think i'm the parent type.

Tejas Level 8 Oct 6, 2017

I generally am attracted to white and Latino guys. I certainly wouldn't care if someone had African or Asian blood in them. But those are not features which attract me. We are talking about outside appearance of course and attraction. Who knows with whom we might fall in love. Also, I don't don't what blood I have, going back generations. It's simply an attraction and nothing else.

hmmm...

I have dated people that are different than me. If it was just me and a man all alone as the only two people on Earth, then perhaps there would never be any issues of cultural diversity. People a similar race that I am become angry at me if I date outside my own kind of race. If I am with a man a different race and any of the women his race see us together they fuss about it in another language but I can tell by their tone they object to it. Perhaps a reason people have fun dating outside their own race is because we are taught that it is sinful and thrill-seekers do it out of curiosity to see if it is any different. It is different. White men do it missionary-style and black men do it doggy-style. Do you know how I know?

I'm not dating right now, but I wouldn't have a problem dating someone of a different race.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:855
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.