Agnostic.com

14 3

Why do people troll and use ad hominem attacks?

People on FB attack your looks to make themselves feel better and they honestly feel better. Yes, she is prettier, by far than I. But I didn't respond to her ad hominem attack. It was a comment on Eminem's new album. He got a lot of negative reviews and feedback. Well, the album did suck. So did her comment.

Sarahroo29 8 Dec 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

it sad haters will be haters all the time but move on. don't give them a sec in your life. life is too short to spend it on negativity. btw you rock

Ewket Level 4 Dec 16, 2017

Thank you.

I wonder if the picture posted is actually a picture of the person who wrote this comment. Hmmmmmmm

Same question I had.

For those unable to offer intelligent arguments to their position a personal attack is the only way they feel the can win. Facebook is full of people like that.

Full of immature adults.

That is how I see it, as well.

I've got a couple of peer-reviewed studies that have strong evidence there is a significant biological reward for that behavior. Similar the one that compelled everyone to attack it flew anyone or thing one senses is alien, other.

Evolution on the most basic level favored those who assume the worst, because they were the ones who avoided being dinner for somebody or something else long enough to procreate.

When people envision using technology to enhance human abilities I'm often amazed this type of genetic and epigenetic handicaps we are saddled with thousands of years past their having any use, are never mentioned at all.

Everyone in Science Fiction eventual gets around to the mystical Truth Sayers or a machine that can tell if you are lying. If we are envisioning people who are superhuman by virtue of genetics somehow genetically engineering a memory that makes it impossible to lie to yourself never occurs to anyone.

Often when I say this people think so what, that doesn't mean you can't still lie to others?

True enough, but think carefully about how different anyone would be if from the moment they were born, self deception simply was never part of the way their mind naturally functioned.

You can still make up fantasies, but it's been proven that mythology, religious beliefs, and make-believe take place in different parts of the brain and are organically very different from each other. Now I would like to see a study on the transition of religious beliefs to myth in the human brain.

Okay.

When people show their ugliness online, it is due to anonymity. You see the real person inside.

because they can.

The easy answer is because their arguments are weak, and it's easier to attack the person bringing forth a stronger argument.

She's immature.

@Sarahroo29 Exactly! 🙂

Well, I see you as a beautiful person with depth of character; she is pathetic and shallow. And, as you stated, she has to insult others to make herself feel better.

Thank you. I think her profile is a fake.

Weird, what does Jesus's face have to do with anything?

Lol. Must be a Christian. She capitalized the name.

Beauty is much more than skin deep.

Yep.

The downside of all the online communication, is that people who would normally not have the actual or proverbial balls to say nasty things to your face , have no trouble saying horrendous things while they hide behind anonymity.

One point to remember is, that people who have a need to disparage others, generally don't feel too good about themselves. Their negativity spills over onto anyone around them . Forget 'em !

It could be an alias profile of someone else.

In order to be offended you must first value their opinion. It’s apparent the level of maturity she possesses. Only thing missing from her comment is “howboutdat”. 😉

Yeah.

There are a few very important things you must never, ever forget when dealing with trolls:

• Trolls are stupid.
  • Review Rule #1.
  • Trolls resort to ad hominem attacks because of Rule #1. Trolls are not capable of formulating a tangible argument to support a supposition.
  • Review Rule # 1
  • Because you are not a troll and because you are not stupid, you have the ability to lower yourself to their level at your leisure. Conversely, they will NEVER be able to raise themselves to your level because of Rule # 1.
  • Review Rule # 1.

I did not comment back.

Sent you a message in your inbox. Remember..... trolls are fun. They exist for your amusement.

It's a 5th grader's level of a comment.

Sometimes you have to fight fire with fire. Never more so than when it comes to trolls.

@Sarahroo29, being compared to fifth graders gives them more credit than they deserve. The only fifth graders who respond like that are the baby trolls. Beauty is fleeting, trendy, transitional, regional and in the eye of the beholder, and can only be determined when someone opens their mouth to speak. Donna Sue just showed everyone how truly hideous she is. We, on the other hand, know how beautiful you are.

ps - @webbew1, your post is brilliant and so true!

Thank you guys.

I think they use what they think to get you upset-for me last week was someone comparing me to Monica Lewinsky under desk.

I'm sorry to hear that.

Next time ask them if they brought it up because their dog died and it's been awhile since they've gotten a blow job.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:8554
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.