Agnostic.com

5 3

LINK In harsh Saudi crackdown, famous feminists are branded as ‘traitors’ - The Washington Post

So much for being a reformer. Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman has attempted to cast himself as a voice of change in the repressive kingdom, saying he wanted equality for women and putatively granting them the right to drive. The reality: The most prominent Saudi feminist activists who have been calling for exactly these things for years (3 women, 3 men) have been arrested, imprisoned, and branded as "traitors".

BookDeath 8 May 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This should have been expected he is just like trumpie

No doubt he thought it "politically expedient".
Gawd, as much as I love words, I despise the rewording of heinous things to make them appear "not-so-bad"!

I worked in Rhyiad one time, years ago, for about 18 months. On loan to The Kingdom from the DoD.
Of all the places I've worked or served, Saudi is the most repressive, feudal, ripe for a revolution place I've ever seen.

Right to drive with permission?

Yep. When I was there, women weren't allowed to drive cars, had to swim in the "children''s pool' at the hotel, lived in a separate part of the house from the husband, could only enter the main part of the home when they were summoned by the man... it goes on and on.....

Not surprising at all! He is a politician too. Lies and false promises. Women have to unite worldwide for there to be a change for us. I would love to see a coup of our current government by feminists!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:85885
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.