Agnostic.com

18 3

QUESTION CDC gets list of forbidden words including fetus, transgender, diversity & science based

The Trump administration is prohibiting officials at the United States top public health agency from using a list of words or phrases.

*"Policy analysts at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta were told of the list of forbidden words at a meeting Thursday with senior CDC officials who oversee the budget, according to an analyst who took part in the 90-minute briefing.

The forbidden words are “vulnerable,” “entitlement,” “diversity,” “transgender,” “fetus,” “evidence-based” and “science-based.”*

VictoriaNotes 9 Dec 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I would say no way. This is an open attack on free speech. It's all part of setting his agenda.

orion Level 5 Dec 21, 2017

Harper (Canada's previous prime minister) did the same thing - throttled the science community. Even had research libraries burned to the ground. I kid you not. He also decimated environment policies in favour of big oil. It's a pattern with these conservatives...

Unfortunately, it's the power structure and greed above all else.. Liberal or conservative the ultimate end result is the same. The wars continue, freedom is curtailed, the environment is destroyed. It's time to educate people and stand up to the power structure We do not need wars. or the massive consumerism that is pushed on us every day. Planned obsolescence and our throw away society needs to change. Use nature do not destroy it.

I would say to them "the truth...you can't handle the truth!" It just never stops with this administration.

I saw that. That's a little scarey!

They should simply write up their reports as they normally would, then delete the prohibited words and replace them with conspicuous black rectangles.

The fact that I tap on different keys on my keyboard and cause letters to appear on my screen is "science-based". OH, I wasn't supposed to say that?!?!?!?

WTF? Is this still America? Censorship in Science? We are in deep feces!

We have been racing to the bottom for many years. We are basically a third world country with a massive military and a power structure that is completely out of control.

This is probably a dept of obvious post but what I find terrifying is that this administration is such a catastrophe on the daily that this is just another thing and it's having the effect of desensitizing the population.
There seems to be no end to this constant deluge of stupid. It's overwhelming.

I saw this on another post, my thoughts were... it reminded me of the FCC forbidding the great comic George Carlin from using “The Deadly Words” on tv and radio... and now I can’t remember the seven words... google later.

Tomas Level 7 Dec 16, 2017

Isn't that scary... 1984 for sure...

Thanks for this posting
I saw this this morning and surprised but not surprised. The republican puppets under tRump know what will be their fate next November, all the signs are there. The only way, to them (and the corporations that support them), is to corrupt the system so much as to try and cripple people's right to decide.

My partner was from Iran and through her we saw how this theocracy/dictatorship worked. Pretend to be voter approved but pull tricks to take away rights.

What will be their next move, assassinations or jailings.

I am working on a proposal for the group but have to get coordinated. I have contacted an organization with a question and am waiting for their reply.

I am not surprised by anything that the Trump cabal has done. Trump and cabal show no intelligence, no honor, no morality. I am deeply offended by their vile stupidity, but not surprised.

While appaled on a daily basis at the shit they pull I'm no longer surprised by anything

just don't get apathetic ..

I refuse to become apathetic

And what, I wonder, is the penalty for violating this censorship? The administration should also have to explain some justification for these prohibitions. I would love to hear how they justify banning "evidence-based."

A possible penalty is the same that has always been the penalty - firings and replacements with like minded stooges.

This was the tactic under the Nazis; go into a country and remove or execute those in charge and replace them with low level, fearful people who are willing to do anything to keep their jobs/lives.

Good. Good! This is great.

So instead the CDC will have to use more elaborate terminology like: "undeveloped human organism within a womb," "reassigned sex norms," "not the same things cuz that shit is boring," and "requiring rigorous methods of proof."

I like it.

Der Fuhrer has ordered it so.

Hmmmm... how are they going to explain the agenda when these specific questions and words pop up...? Geeze... what next...ugh!

This is getting more and more like an Orwell novel every day.

The Orwellian period started a long time ago. I am convinced this is part of the loss of resources and the overpopulation issue. As a former board member of Zero Population Growth for many years this exact same thing was discussed many times as a possible scenario for the future. It was based on evidence, science backed studies and history. Orwell's predictions did not emerge from a vacuum.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:8630
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.